+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal after landing visa issued but before landing

canworker

Aug 5, 2014
Hi,

I have received the COPR documents and the passports with the Landing visa stamped for myself and my dependent spouse.

1. Spouse passport validity expires on 29 March 2015. The landing visa validity is also until that exact date.

Now, we intend to renew her passport here in the USA and then land in Canada with both the new and old passport in hand for her. The old passport would be the one with the Landing visa after the renewal process.

a) Can we proceed to have her passport renewed here in the USA (and then carry both the old passport with the landing visa stamp & the renewed passport at the time of landing for my spouse)?

Thank you!

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
Hi,

I have received the COPR documents and the passports with the Landing visa stamped for myself and my dependent spouse.

1. Spouse passport validity expires on 29 March 2015. The landing visa validity is also until that exact date.

Now, we intend to renew her passport here in the USA and then land in Canada with both the new and old passport in hand for her. The old passport would be the one with the Landing visa after the renewal process.

a) Can we proceed to have her passport renewed here in the USA (and then carry both the old passport with the landing visa stamp & the renewed passport at the time of landing for my spouse)?

Thank you!
Can you tell me what happened when you have landed with both old and new passport...