+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Re-issued, Re-apply for Canadian Visa ??

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
Hi, my dad had a valid TRV until 2018 but his passport got damaged and hence, had to make a new one.

Q1. I beleive he would have to re-apply for TRV to canada as the new passport is blank and does not have any visa? if yes, would the procedure be exactly the same..starting from scratch, filling out all forms, going to VFS, etc. etc. ?

Q2. This is not super visa which he is applying to, just regular multiple entry TRV. Under such a scenario, a sponsorship would again be required from me?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GT1234 said:
Hi, my dad had a valid TRV until 2018 but his passport got damaged and hence, had to make a new one.

Q1. I beleive he would have to re-apply for TRV to canada as the new passport is blank and does not have any visa? if yes, would the procedure be exactly the same..starting from scratch, filling out all forms, going to VFS, etc. etc. ?
Best way is for him to apply for a new visa. Although the visa in the old/damaged passport is still valid and can be presented, a damaged passport is a red-flag for tampering and if there is doubt in the passport, then all contents in the passport will also come into doubt (including the valid visas). That is an inconvenience that should be avoided.

Procedure will be the same as in applying for a new visa.
Q2. This is not super visa which he is applying to, just regular multiple entry TRV. Under such a scenario, a sponsorship would again be required from me?
No formal sponsorship. It is he (your dad) who is the applicant for the visitor visa and he will be the one examined in the application (ties, purpose of visit, finances, economic/political stability of home country etc.). From you, aside from an invitation letter, you can include a letter detailing financial support/arrangements for your dad on his visits as part of the supporting documents for his application - that should be the extent of your "sponsorship".

../atb