+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport No on Police Certificate

Jammie418

Feb 27, 2017
Hi All,

My partners passport is currently being renewed but we are preparing our documents and we are aware that the PCC will take time and want to get a jump on it. She still has her old one and it is valid for another few months. 2 questions:

1. Do you need to put your passport number in when you create your express entry profile or is this provided later? If so, does it matter if the number changes after ITA?
2. Does it matter if the police certificate has an old passport number on it?

Thanks,

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Jammie418 said:
Hi All,

My partners passport is currently being renewed but we are preparing our documents and we are aware that the PCC will take time and want to get a jump on it. She still has her old one and it is valid for another few months. 2 questions:

1. Do you need to put your passport number in when you create your express entry profile or is this provided later? If so, does it matter if the number changes after ITA?
2. Does it matter if the police certificate has an old passport number on it?

Thanks,

Doesn't matter. Submit both pp to CIC when u fill in the application and explain in LOE

Jammie418

Feb 27, 2017
So do i need both passports when i fill in the application? I was hoping i could just use the 'old' one to create my profile, get an ITA and then change it to the 'new' passport later.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Jammie418 said:
So do i need both passports when i fill in the application? I was hoping i could just use the 'old' one to create my profile, get an ITA and then change it to the 'new' passport later.

Technically the new one should be sufficient but since your old pp is used in PCC, I recommend submitting the old one as well. I understand new pp has old pp's number printed on it.

Again it is NOT mandatory but my goal was to make my app as complete and doubt free as possible.....and that's what I am recommending.

Let's see what other members think.

Jammie418

Feb 27, 2017
Itsmee said:
Technically the new one should be sufficient but since your old pp is used in PCC, I recommend submitting the old one as well. I understand new pp has old pp's number printed on it.

Again it is NOT mandatory but my goal was to make my app as complete and doubt free as possible.....and that's what I am recommending.

Let's see what other members think.
I agree that adding both passports to my application ultimately is the best thing but my question is more around when I need to provide the new passport information. Can I get as far as an ITA without the new passport? because I may not have it back for another month or two and I am ready to enter the pool now.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Guys, you can renew your passport anytime during the application process.
As soon as you receive the new passport, you must update it in your EE profile and/or submit the new passport information and scan pages to the respective province (if applied for PNP) and IRCC.

It does not matter whether your IELTS, PCCs, etc. have old passport number mentioned on them.
During submission of e-APR, you can upload the bio-pages, visa pages and stamped pages of your old passport after first uploading the new passport pages. All these pages in a single PDF file.

When it comes to passport submission for stamping visa, then IRCC requires the new valid passport only.

I hope this clarifies all your doubts.