NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear All:

I am a lecturer in a public sector university in Pakistan, which means I am a government employee. On my passport there is a space for profession, and that says I am a government officer. I wonder if that is alright for a government officer to apply for immigration to Canada? I mean, I know I may have to leave my job once I am issued a visa, but would the visa officer ask me for any N.O.C etc. from my government during the interview? Please advise. Thanks.

spider28

Apr 29, 2019
Dear All:

I am a lecturer in a public sector university in Pakistan, which means I am a government employee. On my passport there is a space for profession, and that says I am a government officer. I wonder if that is alright for a government officer to apply for immigration to Canada? I mean, I know I may have to leave my job once I am issued a visa, but would the visa officer ask me for any N.O.C etc. from my government during the interview? Please advise. Thanks.

@omarkhan

Dear Sir, I recently got my COPR and PR Visa on my current passport. My current passport is Ordinary Pakistani Passport but it has annotation "GOVERNEMENT OFFICER" since I work in Central Bank of Pakistan.

Now I am planning to get my passport amended because the local Pakistani Airport authorities object immigrating on "Government Officer" annotation when immigrating.

The amended passport number will be just one number ahead of the current passport, for instance current passport number is 274, the amended passport number will be 275. I will attach both passports together.

My query is that will CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES create any problem on getting my passport amended because my COPR and PR Visa is on current passport.

@stone hearted
@mandiebraxton
@rajkamalmohanram
@hussain-lala
@Jodie22

I shall be thankful if you please guide me.