+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport for child in Iran

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Hi everybody, I've recently received my baby daughters Canadian citizenship certificate, since she has inherited her citizenship from me, and I am now applying for her passport.

Problem is, I'm in Canada and my daughter is in Iran. Do I mail the original citizenship certificate to my wife in Iran so that she can add the photographs etc. to be sent to the Ankara embassy? Or do I apply for her passport within Canada and mail the passport to Iran?

Contact centers are closed right now so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi everybody, I've recently received my baby daughters Canadian citizenship certificate, since she has inherited her citizenship from me, and I am now applying for her passport.

Problem is, I'm in Canada and my daughter is in Iran. Do I mail the original citizenship certificate to my wife in Iran so that she can add the photographs etc. to be sent to the Ankara embassy? Or do I apply for her passport within Canada and mail the passport to Iran?

Contact centers are closed right now so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!
I'm not sure how things are in Iran, but it looks like either option is possible. Will the Ankara office be able to mail a new passport to Iran with no problems or will she have to be there in person to collect it?

Either way, both options are available, so it's up to your preference.

Reactions: Damselmk