+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport expired before post graduate work permit, need urgent help!!

engineer_to_be

Oct 11, 2019
Hello every one. My question is about extending my work permit.
So I studied for a 2 year Master program in Ontario and graduated in Aug 2019. I was eligible for a 3 year work permit but because my passport expires before PGWP I received a one year work permit. According to IRCC, I can extend my PGWP (which expires in Feb 2021). On my work permit, it says:
Document Issued to Passport Expiry. Must Renew for further extensions. Post grad employment.
Unfortunately IRCC doesn't have clear instructions about this situation (or at least I cannot locate the information in their website). I have some questions regarding extending my PGWP and would really appreciate any help.

1: So in IRCC website it says I cannot apply online and need to sent a paper application, and pay the fees before I send my application. How can I pay this fee?

2: I’m a bit confused by the amount of fee that I have to pay. I know I need to pay 155$ for work permit extension
Do I need to pay 100$ for open work permit holder? Or just the 155 $?

3: Do I need to submit any documents other than the ones in this list?
Forms 5710, 5476 if applicable, 5475 if applicable, document checklist
Photocopy of passport (I already applied for a new one and received it last week)
Photocopy of current immigration document (work permit)
A request letter explaining my situation

Thank you in advance for your help :)

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello every one. My question is about extending my work permit.
So I studied for a 2 year Master program in Ontario and graduated in Aug 2019. I was eligible for a 3 year work permit but because my passport expires before PGWP I received a one year work permit. According to IRCC, I can extend my PGWP (which expires in Feb 2021). On my work permit, it says:
Document Issued to Passport Expiry. Must Renew for further extensions. Post grad employment.
Unfortunately IRCC doesn't have clear instructions about this situation (or at least I cannot locate the information in their website). I have some questions regarding extending my PGWP and would really appreciate any help.

1: So in IRCC website it says I cannot apply online and need to sent a paper application, and pay the fees before I send my application. How can I pay this fee?

2: I’m a bit confused by the amount of fee that I have to pay. I know I need to pay 155$ for work permit extension
Do I need to pay 100$ for open work permit holder? Or just the 155 $?

3: Do I need to submit any documents other than the ones in this list?
Forms 5710, 5476 if applicable, 5475 if applicable, document checklist
Photocopy of passport (I already applied for a new one and received it last week)
Photocopy of current immigration document (work permit)
A request letter explaining my situation

Thank you in advance for your help :)
1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp