+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport application with a foreign address?

schweppes87

Dec 27, 2016
Hello all!

So I just flew in to Canada to attend my oath ceremony scheduled for 15th June and will be filing an application for my Canadian passport in Montreal. I currently live in Switzerland, but would need to have my passport issued in Canada via the ”express route” before I fly back as I’ll need it in order to have my work permit renewed in July.

The passport application form requires the applicant to provide a current/valid residential address. Since I‘m no longer renting an apartment in Canada, would it be OK if I were to provide my friend’s address, preceded by a “C/o”? The form doesn’t allow one to select another country, so I’m assuming it must be a Canadian address.

Any pointers/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
In the list of all the addresses in the last 2 years and jobs in the last years . Did you list addresses and jobs from outside Canada ?
Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Passport issuance is taking 12 weeks in Canada regular……for urgrnt travel cases its faster but goodluck getting appointments or with walkins
If u can get back to Switzerland without the Canadian ppt, I’d advise u to apply frim there to the nearest cdn embassy that offers passport services……it may be faster…..upto you though…..goodluck