+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Application - Foreign Passport not accepted as ID

alou1221

Aug 8, 2022
Hi, I went to passport canada for passport application. The officer asked my ID I handed over my korean passport, and they don't accepted it asked ID like health card or driving license
My health card has no signature, no photo (Issued during covid) and My driving license was expired.

I called RAMQ ( Health Insurance Office) to know how to renew my health card waiting for 1 hour and nobody was there.

I went to local health care center for the renewal but they require the renewal form from RAMQ which never answer the call.

So I ordered the form online, they say it will take 10 days.

Now what I have is my passport from abroad and useless citizenship certificate and my pr card cut in 4, Health Card without photo and signature(of no use).

I suggest everyone whose application is in progress, get your all of 'Canadian' ids fully renewed, make sure they have photo and signature.

Don't end up like me, I can't even prove the name on my citizenship certificate is mine.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Alwsys try to keep your docs updated and valid……
Sometimes Credit Card can be used as ID, no? Anyway since DL and Health cards are issued by govt so its preferred by offices.

Rizlene

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hello, did you manage to apply for your passport? How did you do?

Rizlene

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hi, I went to passport canada for passport application. The officer asked my ID I handed over my korean passport, and they don't accepted it asked ID like health card or driving license
My health card has no signature, no photo (Issued during covid) and My driving license was expired.

I called RAMQ ( Health Insurance Office) to know how to renew my health card waiting for 1 hour and nobody was there.

I went to local health care center for the renewal but they require the renewal form from RAMQ which never answer the call.

So I ordered the form online, they say it will take 10 days.

Now what I have is my passport from abroad and useless citizenship certificate and my pr card cut in 4, Health Card without photo and signature(of no use).

I suggest everyone whose application is in progress, get your all of 'Canadian' ids fully renewed, make sure they have photo and signature.

Don't end up like me, I can't even prove the name on my citizenship certificate is mine.
Hello, did you manage to apply for your passport then ? I'm in the same situation, only with health card without photo and a foreign driver's license translated. Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, did you manage to apply for your passport then ? I'm in the same situation, only with health card without photo and a foreign driver's license translated. Thanks
Are you Canadian citizen? If so, where's your certificate?