+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT AND LMO EXPIRING DURING SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

SMFakner

Oct 15, 2014
Hi there. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my German husband for spousal sponsorship in Canada. Both his work permit (LMO) and his passport are expiring. We have already started the process to extend his LMO and are soon renewing his passport. We are still in (Application Recieved) for our spousal sponsorship application even though it's been a year in February that we sent it. My question is how do we update our forms with CIC? And will this affect our application?

Another question: I am due in 10 weeks. Do I need to notify CIC that I am pregnant and will it affect our application since I am the sponsor?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You will need to send in the new passport information when you get it. Depending on the validity, that may be one reason for the delay (guessing, I could be wrong too!), since they won't issue a visa with a validity beyond that of the passport.

It shouldn't delay anything really. I don't think you actually need to update the forms, just send in a copy of the new passport.

Pregnancy itself isn't a reason to update CIC. They only want to know when the child has been born, but that is mostly for cases where the child needs to sponsored. If there are doubts about your relationship, you could get a doctor's note and send it in, proving that you are pregnant. Congrats!