+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa

marl1997

Aug 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am looking to apply for my parents visitor visa to bring them for a visit as I haven’t seen them for 3 years :( I also have a permanent residency application waiting for the final decision for myself (I was a student then I applied for work permit and got invitation for permanent residency through CEC).

My main question is whether I can apply for their visitor visa now or should I wait for PR application to come back. Also, is it better to request for their visitor visa together in one application or separately?

I’d really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am looking to apply for my parents visitor visa to bring them for a visit as I haven’t seen them for 3 years :( I also have a permanent residency application waiting for the final decision for myself (I was a student then I applied for work permit and got invitation for permanent residency through CEC).

My main question is whether I can apply for their visitor visa now or should I wait for PR application to come back. Also, is it better to request for their visitor visa together in one application or separately?

I’d really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
They can apply to visit Canada themselves. Whether they get approved for a TRV will depend on the strength of their application. For example funds to support their travel, proof of ties to their home country, previous international travel history, etc. There is no need to delay applying until you receive PR. TRV approval is primarily based on their information not yours.