+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor visa rejection

rockets

Apr 13, 2010
What are the options in general? and where can I can get more info if I want to challenge the same decision or if I can challenge it at all?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You can appeal, but chances of success depend on the specific reasons for the refusal. You only have a limited time to start the appeals process, so you should do that now; you can find a lawyer later, but if you want to appeal, start it now.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
matthewc said:
You can appeal, but chances of success depend on the specific reasons for the refusal. You only have a limited time to start the appeals process, so you should do that now; you can find a lawyer later, but if you want to appeal, start it now.
Appeal a visitor visa rejection? Probably not. What the OP can do is see the rejection points and overcome those rejection points and apply again.

If I disagree with the refusal decision on an application, what can I do?

If you believe that you have new information that was not previously considered or if you believe that circumstances have changed since the refusal, you may wish to submit a new application. This new application will normally be assessed by a different visa officer and all current information will be taken into consideration. If, however, there is no change in your situation, or no change in the purpose of your visit, it is unlikely that a new application will result in the issuance of a visa. The normal processing fees apply to all new applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/temp-resident-visa.asp

Reactions: legalpanda

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
Appeal a visitor visa rejection? Probably not. What the OP can do is see the rejection points and overcome those rejection points and apply again.

If I disagree with the refusal decision on an application, what can I do?

If you believe that you have new information that was not previously considered or if you believe that circumstances have changed since the refusal, you may wish to submit a new application. This new application will normally be assessed by a different visa officer and all current information will be taken into consideration. If, however, there is no change in your situation, or no change in the purpose of your visit, it is unlikely that a new application will result in the issuance of a visa. The normal processing fees apply to all new applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/temp-resident-visa.asp
My father visa was rejected last year due the reasons like , not convinced he will return back and his finances plus my socio economic status as I was on maternity leave . I am thinking to reapply .Can you please suggest
1. How much of money I should show in his bank account . Last time I only showed 4 lakh ( around 7k CAD ) ? What kind of more finances proof I can show . His finacial situation is pretty good but I need to know what all I can show ? He owns property as well .
2. I am only helping my husband in office work who is self employed and I mainly take care of kids at home and was not able to go back to work i was doing before after maternity as no one was there to take care of kids .Should I sponsor him or my husband sponsor him or I should get my husband as cosigner on sponsorship letter .We own house as well .
3. What else I can provide to show that he will go back to India after stay as he will not overstay for sure but how I can prove that . He is a widower . My siblings stay in other countries . He has visited them a few times . Apart from visiting them he also loves to travel and has good travel history visited UK , AU ,Pakistan etc .He want to see Canada as well plus it is so difficult for me to travel to India with 2 kids and this after pandemic issues so I prefer him to visit . I have not seen him for last 5 years now.