+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Visitor Visa Questions

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi All,

I am on a Work Permit in Canada and applying for my Parents visitor visa and have few questions. My Father would be the primary applicant
1. For Funds Proof - Should he break his money in FDs or should get a document from bank which mentions about the FD and account balance
What other documents can we include, Bank statement, Pension slips or any Property documents
2. For my mother should we include bank statement of her account as well, again should we break her FDs and then take the bank statement or only my Father's funds proof would be enough
3. Marriage Certificate - My parents were marriend in the 70s so they don't have any certificate so should we get an affidavit for the same, name of each other is present in their passports
4. I do not have PR and on a Work permit so would this option be correct for them "To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months"
5. What should be the answer to - Do you have a valid national identity document? Should it be No as I believe Adhaar card is not consider as a national identity
5. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? I am planning to put 20000 CAD, Should I mention it for both the parents, does that mean we should show 12 Lakhs in bank statements
6. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Should I answer it as No or Yes for my mother since she would be a dependent of father

It would be really helpful for me and other folks if someone could help with these questions

Thank you

jj44

Mar 22, 2022
Hi All,

I am on a Work Permit in Canada and applying for my Parents visitor visa and have few questions. My Father would be the primary applicant
1. For Funds Proof - Should he break his money in FDs or should get a document from bank which mentions about the FD and account balance
What other documents can we include, Bank statement, Pension slips or any Property documents
2. For my mother should we include bank statement of her account as well, again should we break her FDs and then take the bank statement or only my Father's funds proof would be enough
3. Marriage Certificate - My parents were marriend in the 70s so they don't have any certificate so should we get an affidavit for the same, name of each other is present in their passports
4. I do not have PR and on a Work permit so would this option be correct for them "To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months"
5. What should be the answer to - Do you have a valid national identity document? Should it be No as I believe Adhaar card is not consider as a national identity
5. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? I am planning to put 20000 CAD, Should I mention it for both the parents, does that mean we should show 12 Lakhs in bank statements
6. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Should I answer it as No or Yes for my mother since she would be a dependent of father

It would be really helpful for me and other folks if someone could help with these questions

Thank you
hey! I am in the same boat. Did you apply with affidavit for parent's marriage?

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi All,

Thank you
What did you end up doing? Please let me know.