+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents- Visitor Visa or Supervisa?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help in advance.

Background- I am on a work visa in Canada which expires in 2025 March. I also have a brother on study visa in Canada and my younger sister is in India who is 22 years old.

Now, I applied twice for my parents visitor visa in 2022 and 2023 and received rejections for some reasons such as financial in-affordability. The second time rejection came in 8 DAYS!!
My current CRS score is 425 and I have a fiancé who is in Canada and is a PR. I have decided to marry him in Canada for inland spousal visa to get my PR. Our relationship is real and we have been living together for a long time now.

My dilemma is if I should apply for my mothers' visitor visa for my marriage or do marriage and wait for my PR to apply for Supervisa as they already have two rejections. I feel like their case is ruined with two rejections even though they have strong reasons to return home with my father and sister being in India.

Can anyone guide me to the right direction who has been in a similar situation..

Let me know please!!

Thanks again :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help in advance.

Background- I am on a work visa in Canada which expires in 2025 March. I also have a brother on study visa in Canada and my younger sister is in India who is 22 years old.

Now, I applied twice for my parents visitor visa in 2022 and 2023 and received rejections for some reasons such as financial in-affordability. The second time rejection came in 8 DAYS!!
My current CRS score is 425 and I have a fiancé who is in Canada and is a PR. I have decided to marry him in Canada for inland spousal visa to get my PR. Our relationship is real and we have been living together for a long time now.

My dilemma is if I should apply for my mothers' visitor visa for my marriage or do marriage and wait for my PR to apply for Supervisa as they already have two rejections. I feel like their case is ruined with two rejections even though they have strong reasons to return home with my father and sister being in India.

Can anyone guide me to the right direction who has been in a similar situation..

Let me know please!!

Thanks again :)
Was finances only reason? So can they afford to visit? Reasons is funds so they need cash in the bank to show they can come to Canada without using their savings. They don’t want to apply for a supervisa as soon as you are PR. Wait a few months. Assume you meet LICO.

What do you mean you have lived with him a long time? How long? When did he get PR?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
I did reapply for parents with liquid cash amount.

i do meet LICO
I have been living with my boyfriend since 2 years and we are getting married in jan 2024

he got his PR in 2019
Also, do you think the two visitor visa rejections will affect their supervisa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did reapply for parents with liquid cash amount.

i do meet LICO
I have been living with my boyfriend since 2 years and we are getting married in jan 2024

he got his PR in 2019
Also, do you think the two visitor visa rejections will affect their supervisa?
What were reasons for refusal? You still need to address reasons for refusal. They are not eligible for supervisa until you are PR which is a year away. Her only family tie is your father. Your sister is 22 so not a dependant. Her ties to return are job, business, etc.

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Hey the reasons were-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Please note: the reason of rejection was same both times when I applied in 2022 and 2023
In 2023 I showed about 15 lakhs in both my parents account even then the rehection came in 8 days

i also invited them for my brothers birthday and to visit me.

let me know how I should proceed-in future

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey the reasons were-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Please note: the reason of rejection was same both times when I applied in 2022 and 2023
In 2023 I showed about 15 lakhs in both my parents account even then the rehection came in 8 days

Order GCMS notes for detailed notes. How long were visits? I don‘t know how much cash that is but having two kids in Canada is definitely a strong tie to Canada. The bank accounts were in personal funds and in cash? What ties did you show for them to return - job letters with approved leave, business dealings?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
I invited them for 20-25 days

and he is a business man.I showed his responsibilities like business GST and buses as he is in tour and travels.

how can I show business dealings?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I invited them for 20-25 days

and he is a business man.I showed his responsibilities like business GST and buses as he is in tour and travels.

how can I show business dealings?
Contracts/booked and paid tours, receipts, business registration, receipts to show.

What is your mother’s tie to return? Does she own the business too?

Are accounts in personal accounts not business?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
But my main thoughts are,

if I should realply for visitor with better financial standing or waut till I become eligible for supervisa.

also rejections would Effect saupervisa?

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
Contracts/booked and paid tours, receipts, business registration, receipts to show.

What is your mother’s tie to return? Does she own the business too?

Are accounts in personal accounts not business?

Business in India is often tricky as their is barely any formal signatures or deals.
My mother is also in business.
Their personal accounts are used for business as wel

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What you showed didn't matter. What they show is more important because they are the applicants (you are just the host).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Business in India is often tricky as their is barely any formal signatures or deals.
My mother is also in business.
Their personal accounts are used for business as wel
So that is one issue - the business/personal accounts are the same. IRCC wants separate accounts. They do not want people drawing from business accounts.

If your mother is in the business then show that her name is registered as an owner too. There must be proof she is running the business. They need proof they run a business.

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
So that is one issue - the business/personal accounts are the same. IRCC wants separate accounts. They do not want people drawing from business accounts.

If your mother is in the business then show that her name is registered as an owner too. There must be proof she is running the business. They need proof they run a business.
Its difficult to add her name in business at this point but I will check.

if they apply for super visa even then these things would matter?