+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visa rejected on new portal

sadlifecanada

Jan 17, 2023
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Me and my wife are PRs in Canada and below are the details:

Purpose of visit: To spend time with family
Duration of stay: 4 months
Funds: Our funds in Canadian account (CAD 53000), dad's liquid funds (8000 CAD), mom's funds (1000 CAD), dad's mutual funds (77000 CAD), mom's mutual funds (52000 CAD)
Along with this, dad receives pension for about 85k inr per month, attached a statement for that.
Ties to India: My dad is a visiting professor so we attached the employment letter. Since it is visiting and not full time, we did not attach any specific date that he is required to return. Pension records.
Documents:
- Invitation letter stating the purpose of the trip and all the information about the stay.
- Letter of financial indicating that we will sponsor the entire trip including accommodation, food, travel, etc.
- Me and wife's bank statements, Paystubs,
- Parents' bank statements, IT returns, mutual fund statements for both, pension statement
- Employment letter for dad
- Property papers for two houses in India worth around 40L each.
- Return flight tickets
- Travel history to Singapore and Sri Lanka

More info: I have a sister who works in Australia and was not included in the application. Written in the invitation letter.

I am just lost now because we attached everything we could.
- Planning to reapply, what more can I include?
- Is it worth changing the duration to just one month? Maybe their liquid funds were not enough?
- Any other suggestions?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable). • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Funds: Our funds in Canadian account (CAD 53000), dad's liquid funds (8000 CAD), mom's funds (1000 CAD), dad's mutual funds (77000 CAD), mom's mutual funds (52000 CAD)
Along with this, dad receives pension for about 85k inr per month, attached a statement for that.
Ties to India: My dad is a visiting professor so we attached the employment letter. Since it is visiting and not full time, we did not attach any specific date that he is required to return. Pension records.
Documents:
- Invitation letter stating the purpose of the trip and all the information about the stay.
- Letter of financial indicating that we will sponsor the entire trip including accommodation, food, travel, etc.
- Parents' bank statements, IT returns, mutual fund statements for both, pension statement
- Return flight tickets

More info: I have a sister who works in Australia and was not included in the application. Written in the invitation letter.

- Is it worth changing the duration to just one month? Maybe their liquid funds were not enough?
- Any other suggestions?
Hi , Did you apply again ? Have you got the approval the second time? Please advise as I also got rejected for my parents for the same reason. What changes did you make?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , Did you apply again ? Have you got the approval the second time? Please advise as I also got rejected for my parents for the same reason. What changes did you make?
See the date on the original post. OP was just refused this week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

Documents:
- Return flight tickets

- Any other suggestions?
Yes their liquid funds are too low especially for a 4 month visit. Even if you will be paying the cost of their visit there have been family breakdown so they need to show that they can pay if necessary. Employment letter for your father is useless if he isn’t working and has no set return date which could mean he will never work again. The fact that both children are abroad raises concerns that they don’t have plans to return home. I would ask for a shorter visit and increase their liquid funds to around 15k.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

Documents:
- Return flight tickets

- Any other suggestions?
Hi my case is similar, can we connect ? I got rejection last week for my parents . Same reason .

khushsingh

Feb 28, 2023
in your case i will recommend you to hire any local agent( registered consultant)for your parents second application. the details given by you looks genuine but if your are PR holder you should go for super visa for them . Or asking for 4 months stay also doubtful. You should be aware that canada govt issuing long multiple visas , so mentioning 4month stay created doubtful intention. Always invite them on your birthday,on Pooja, pregnancy etc . Next time just invite them for 20 days for quality time with the parents.

Did you arrange and attached Chartered accountants financial report with the application? bcoz CA report will combine everything liquid cash , property, your funds on a single page for easy to understand.

Did you send them attested invitation letter ?

Applied - Jan 6th
Biometrics - Jan 10th
Rejection - Jan 17th

Reason:

Documents:
- Return flight tickets

- Any other suggestions?