+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents visa prior to landing

Yaasharma

Feb 21, 2018
I have recrecen got the PR and I am planning to land in April. Currently my wife, daughter also have the PR visa but I want my parents also to accomoany during our first landing. Can I apply for parents tourist/visitor visa? What are the chances for their success/refusal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have recrecen got the PR and I am planning to land in April. Currently my wife, daughter also have the PR visa but I want my parents also to accomoany during our first landing. Can I apply for parents tourist/visitor visa? What are the chances for their success/refusal?
Your parents are the ones who need to apply for the TRV. To be approved, they will need to demonstrate that they have strong ties to their home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, assets, etc.) and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Unless they have traveled extensively to countries requiring visas in the past (e.g. US, UK) - I would recommend they ask for a 2-3 week trip at most.

Generally speaking it's better to wait until you have been in Canada for several months before your parent try to apply for a visitor visa. However they can certainly try now if they wish.

Reactions: Yaasharma