+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Super Visa application from Pakistan

alikirmani

Aug 20, 2024
Hi guys,
I though I should reach out with reference to my parents Super Visa Application since everyone is so helpful on this forum and maybe I can learn for their experience. My parents have already visited Canada once, my father has a valid 10 year TRV visa although my mother's visit visa expired, both have visited for around 4.5 months. I am in the process of applying for my parent's Super Visa and my query pertains to the Medical examination. Just to give you a background, my mother had been diagnosed with Epilepsy around 28 years back in 1996 and she takes medication on a daily basis ever since. Her condition has been stable and under control ever since.
  1. During the medical for the Super Visa, what kind of questions do the Examiners ask ( as mine took several years back), do they ask if the applicant has been diagnosed with any illness in the past or if they are taking any medications?
  2. Does it make sense for my mother to declare that she has this epilepsy condition for the last 28 years and she is on a daily dosage if she's asked. Does this impact her chances of getting the Visa, even though we are getting medical insurance anyways. Plus, does this impact the possibility of Immigration in the future since I hope to apply in the future.
  3. Should I apply for the Regular Visit Visa before I apply for the Super Visa to avoid these complications.
Thanks as always

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I though I should reach out with reference to my parents Super Visa Application since everyone is so helpful on this forum and maybe I can learn for their experience. My parents have already visited Canada once, my father has a valid 10 year TRV visa although my mother's visit visa expired, both have visited for around 4.5 months. I am in the process of applying for my parent's Super Visa and my query pertains to the Medical examination. Just to give you a background, my mother had been diagnosed with Epilepsy around 28 years back in 1996 and she takes medication on a daily basis ever since. Her condition has been stable and under control ever since.
  1. During the medical for the Super Visa, what kind of questions do the Examiners ask ( as mine took several years back), do they ask if the applicant has been diagnosed with any illness in the past or if they are taking any medications?
  2. Does it make sense for my mother to declare that she has this epilepsy condition for the last 28 years and she is on a daily dosage if she's asked. Does this impact her chances of getting the Visa, even though we are getting medical insurance anyways. Plus, does this impact the possibility of Immigration in the future since I hope to apply in the future.
  3. Should I apply for the Regular Visit Visa before I apply for the Super Visa to avoid these complications.
Thanks as always
She needs to declare her epilepsy and medications during medical and also read the fine print about coverage under supervisa insurance given her epilepsy. If she has been stable on her medication longterm shouldn’t prevent approval. She can only take a 3 month supply of her medication with her to Canada. As a visitor she can have someone send her medication from abroad when needed or she can get it in Canada with a Canadian prescription. That would not be covered under supervisa insurance. Impossible to say whether it will impact PGP since it could be up to 10+ years to get selected for PGP and PGP is reevaluated yearly so there is never a guarantee of parent sponsorship or how long it may take due to high demand and limited spots. Your parents need to have a plan if they can’t move to Canada and get PR and only visit.