+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsorship

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
Guys, I'm having some trouble here.
I sponsored my parents in 2008, as the processing moves really slow, i returned to my home country this year staying with them while preparing document requested from CIC. Their visa was issued late last month. But just lately I heard from friends that I need to stay in Canada while sponsoring parents, and i failed to notice CIC this as I'm not aware of it is necessary, nor did I know the residency requirement.

Now I have some options:
1. write to cic telling them the truth, and ask them to reassess the case or maybe cancel their visa if necessary
concern: will they still charge me of misrepresent despite i told them the truth before my parents land as PR

2. go back to canada with my parents to land, but may have some trouble if i want to sponsor anyone in the future

thanks a lot for any input

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
zhanfenny said:
Guys, I'm having some trouble here.
I sponsored my parents in 2008, as the processing moves really slow, i returned to my home country this year staying with them while preparing document requested from CIC. Their visa was issued late last month. But just lately I heard from friends that I need to stay in Canada while sponsoring parents, and i failed to notice CIC this as I'm not aware of it is necessary, nor did I know the residency requirement.

Now I have some options:
1. write to cic telling them the truth, and ask them to reassess the case or maybe cancel their visa if necessary
concern: will they still charge me of misrepresent despite i told them the truth before my parents land as PR

2. go back to canada with my parents to land, but may have some trouble if I want to sponsor anyone in the future

thanks a lot for any input
I'm no expert on this but if the visas have been issued then you don't have anything to worry about ,the process is complete. All you have to do is arrange their landing and return to Canada yourself. You are entitled to leave the country from time to time for family reasons,holidays etc. There may be some rule that applies once they are living in canada that if you no longer live there you have to notify but if visas have been issued you are at the end of the road and congratulations are in order. Enjoy having your parents with you at last.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.0.html

Have a look at the link above on the forum. People like you have been communicating and supporting each other on this thread for many months. There are many on there who can reassure you that you have nothing to worry about.

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for the kind word. I know many people do this, probably even work in another country. for my case, i'm just visiting my parents on tourist visa, still have strong ties with canada (bank account, credit card, investment etc.) as I have always planned to go back.

nanapush said:
I'm no expert on this but if the visas have been issued then you don't have anything to worry about ,the process is complete. All you have to do is arrange their landing and return to Canada yourself. You are entitled to leave the country from time to time for family reasons,holidays etc. There may be some rule that applies once they are living in canada that if you no longer live there you have to notify but if visas have been issued you are at the end of the road and congratulations are in order. Enjoy having your parents with you at last.

Have a look at the link above on the forum. People like you have been communicating and supporting each other on this thread for many months. There are many on there who can reassure you that you have nothing to worry about.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
zhanfenny said:
Thanks for the kind word. I know many people do this, probably even work in another country. for my case, i'm just visiting my parents on tourist visa, still have strong ties with canada (bank account, credit card, investment etc.) as I have always planned to go back.

If you need any more reassurance check the link I sent before and ask the same question . There are lots of experts on there who can help. But I don't see you have a problem at all. Where was your application processed ?

zhanfenny

Dec 18, 2012
thanks i'm actually worried about sponsoring my girlfriend in the future, as on the sponsorship form, i needs to fill in when i have been out of canada, which they could detect i have been out of country this year...

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
zhanfenny said:
thanks i'm actually worried about sponsoring my girlfriend in the future, as on the sponsorship form, i needs to fill in when i have been out of canada, which they could detect i have been out of country this year...

How long have you been out of the country and are you a PR or a Citizen?