+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents sponsorship appeal

pnguyen1990

Feb 11, 2019
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. My sister was trying to sponsor for my parents to come to Canada. However, the application was refused due to insufficient income level for 4 (she + her husband + my parents). My brother-in-law didn't cosign the application at first so can we add a cosigner now when we appeal?

I viewed several threads but couldn't find any relevant information or answer. Has anyone ever appealed? I would love to know your experience with this process. PLEASE HELP as we only have 30 days, or less now, to decide.

Thanks,

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. My sister was trying to sponsor for my parents to come to Canada. However, the application was refused due to insufficient income level for 4 (she + her husband + my parents). My brother-in-law didn't cosign the application at first so can we add a cosigner now when we appeal?

I viewed several threads but couldn't find any relevant information or answer. Has anyone ever appealed? I would love to know your experience with this process. PLEASE HELP as we only have 30 days, or less now, to decide.

Thanks,
As I understand it not meeting LICO is not a suitable reason to appeal, despite your brother in law being able to cosign now. Others may weigh in.