+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents PR file 2019 - received Passport request - Indian PP landing in US tomorrow

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I applied for may parents PR in 2019. Shortly after that my sibling sponsored their US GC and they received in 2020.

During 2020 they were in US for around 7 months after getting GC. came to Canada in early 2021 and stayed around 9 months then back to US for couple weeks and then back to India

We received a query to submit PCC, my father's CV and all countries they had visited in last 10 years and confirm their mailing address. We confirmed that currently they are in India.

As timeline was unknown and fear that covid-19 may get worse in India (and my mom got covid-19) we decided that they will come back to USA and within few weeks come to Canada on visitor and hopefully we get passport request to do virtual landing.

We just got passport request today when they took plane to come to USA. Letter received has address of India and Immigration Office in Delhi to send passport.

What are the options,
- can we send their passport to VFS in USA?
- how do we communicate they will be in USA and send passport back to US address?
- Can they come to Canada after a week and do virtual landing (letter says to inform within 5 days if they are in Canada and want to do virtual landing - not sure if they can come and update or if they can enter on Visitor visa

I will try to call Immigration office or VFS again tomorrow as I haven't had any luck to go beyond wait and hold to talk with a live person today. Appreciate if anyone can share some knowledge or similar experience.