+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program PGP (2024)

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Hi,

I want to submit and Interest to Sponsor form for Parent Grandparent Application.
My mother is a single mother as my dad passed away before my birth. She has sufficient funds to stay in Canada and is financially stable.

I don’t have sufficient funds at the moment to sponsor her but if my Spouse co-signs the application we will be okay.
But my spouse also wants to sponsor his parents at the same time.

1Is it possible for my spouse to be a sponsor on one PGP application for his parents and be a co-signer with me to sponsor my mother, given he has sufficient funds?

2. If I have to sponsor my mother alone without my spouse being the co-signer, since my mother has sufficient funds and I don’t, is there a way to show her funds instead of mine for the application or combine my funds with her funds?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I want to submit and Interest to Sponsor form for Parent Grandparent Application.
My mother is a single mother as my dad passed away before my birth. She has sufficient funds to stay in Canada and is financially stable.

I don’t have sufficient funds at the moment to sponsor her but if my Spouse co-signs the application we will be okay.

1Is it possible for my spouse to be a sponsor on one PGP application for his parents and be a co-signer with me to sponsor my mother, given he has sufficient funds?

2. If I have to sponsor my mother alone without my spouse being the co-signer, since my mother has sufficient funds and I don’t, is there a way to show her funds instead of mine for the application or combine my funds with her funds?
1. Yes.
2. No.

Note that interests to sponsor are not being accepted at this time.

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Thank you so much!
By when would the Interest to sponsor applications be open for 2024?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much!
There was just a PGP 2024 lottery a few months ago. The program has not been open since 2020. How long have you been PR as you would 3 years of meeting LICO, even if program opens.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

If your mother has been a single mother her whole life when you moved to Canada you should have been making arrangements for her since parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and demand far exceeds the number of spots available. When PGP EOI eventually opens again you and a couple hundred thousand PRs/citizens will be vying for very limited spots. Your mother should be making longterm plans to live in her home country.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

You’re jumping the gun . You literally just got PR . Planning on your mother’s situation should have been part of your plan when you immigrated
That being she’s more than likely won’t be able to live here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pnp-copr-and-out-of-status-wife.847454/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much!
Doubt it will open at all this year. I would be on the look out next year although it's anyone's guess if it will open then or not.

BA12

Jan 17, 2024

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
If your mother has been a single mother her whole life when you moved to Canada you should have been making arrangements for her since parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and demand far exceeds the number of spots available. When PGP EOI eventually opens again you and a couple hundred thousand PRs/citizens will be vying for very limited spots. Your mother should be making longterm plans to live in her home country.
Yes I understand but I thought of waiting for 3 years after being a PR to show funds and then sponsoring her

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I understand but I thought of waiting for 3 years after being a PR to show funds and then sponsoring her
All you can do is wait. Make sure you meet LICO for every year. Some people wait years so don’t expect to be chosen anytime soon. Look at supervisa.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I became a PR in 2021
“I am at a COPR stage of my BC PNP application. When I applied my wife was on PGWP a year back in 2023. Now I got the nomination and am at a COPR stage and her PGWP has expired and it’s been over 90 days and she is basically out of status. How should I proceed from here? Will this impact my PNP application?”

Pankilshah

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Gujarat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
29-08-2013
Med's Request
22-09-2013
Med's Done....
23-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013 applied for VISA
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2013 got the VISA
LANDED..........
06-12-2013
Anyone has created or have the online Excel file for the 2024 submission tracking?