+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents medical issues

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
I would like to know on what medical grounds will parents medicals shall be rejected, if I am sponsoring them under PGP category?
My father is on insulin for last 4 years and my mother has BP and psoriasis problems…

Will this health issues cause any problem in clearing the medical exams under the above category?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would like to know on what medical grounds will parents medicals shall be rejected, if I am sponsoring them under PGP category?
My father is on insulin for last 4 years and my mother has BP and psoriasis problems…

Will this health issues cause any problem in clearing the medical exams under the above category?
There's no black and white answer to this question. Many different conditions can cause medical inadmissibility - but it also depends on the severity of these conditions and projected costs to the Canadian health care system.

Psoriasis should not cause inadmissibility.

High BP potentially could if the BP is very high and depending on the underlying condition (e.g. serious heart issues).

Diabetes won't cause inadmissibility if it's well controlled. If not well controlled and it looks like someone might end up on dialysis, then it can cause inadmissibility.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Psoriasis alone would not lead to refusal but if your parent is taking a biological that is expensive so any additional health issue could put them over the top of the financial limit. Your mother may also have psoriatic arthritis that would lead to pain and mobility issues, etc. When it comes to diabetes the bigger issue is usually kidney function. Having low kidney function and requiring dialysis or requiring dialysis in the near future is probably the number one reason for refusal. Would suggest getting his kidney function tested. If they are seeing a doctor for the diabetes it may have already been done. The cost of insulin and diabetic supplies is also expensive. That isn’t enough to get denied but it there are additional medicql issues that are expensive to treat that can Put someone over the limit.

Reactions: av1988