+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents 2024

potato0o

Jul 29, 2024
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this. Here’s the scenario, my mom and dad are still married and living together, however I’m quite unsure if I should include my dad in the application for parents and grandparents PR application because of his problems with his personal documents. He has a different name on his birth certificate and his marriage certificate. He never got any travel document (eg. passport) due to this. I am thinking; should i just include him as a non-accompanying dependant in my mom’s application and provide a letter of explanation regarding the issue above, or should i not include him as a dependant and provide details as to why?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I hope someone can help me with this. Here’s the scenario, my mom and dad are still married and living together, however I’m quite unsure if I should include my dad in the application for parents and grandparents PR application because of his problems with his personal documents. He has a different name on his birth certificate and his marriage certificate. He never got any travel document (eg. passport) due to this. I am thinking; should i just include him as a non-accompanying dependant in my mom’s application and provide a letter of explanation regarding the issue above, or should i not include him as a dependant and provide details as to why?
He must be included and provide all necessary documentation even if non accompanying. He needs to pass the medical too.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
They are still married, you have to include him as her dependent and he needs to pass medical and background check.
Apply with his correct/true name and try to fix the incorrect documents (birth certificate, ID, marriage certificate and try to get a passport). Again, I don't understand why not having a matching name in birth certificate and marriage certificate affect his ability of getting a passport. Does he have other national ID? Driver's license? School certificates?

Anyway, fill in the application as much information you have now and update IRCC with corrected information later on. Include a letter of explanation

potato0o

Jul 29, 2024
They are still married, you have to include him as her dependent and he needs to pass medical and background check.
Apply with his correct/true name and try to fix the incorrect documents (birth certificate, ID, marriage certificate and try to get a passport). Again, I don't understand why not having a matching name in birth certificate and marriage certificate affect his ability of getting a passport. Does he have other national ID? Driver's license? School certificates?

Anyway, fill in the application as much information you have now and update IRCC with corrected information later on. Include a letter of explanation
Yes, his name on his birth certificate is different from all of his other identification documents. He has been using name A all his life, while name B is what’s written on his birth certificate. In our country it’s really difficult to fix those and takes a long time and he also does not want to come here in Canada. But yes, I’ll include him now and I’ll just add a letter of