+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Super Visa - given only for 8 months?? How to contact CIC?

mainz

Apr 23, 2013
Hi all,

I have a problem. I have recently become a Permanent Resident, and applied for my parents' visitor SUPER visa. Online it is said it's given up to 10 years with allowed duration of stay up to 2 years per entry

"Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa – which is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status." (cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp)

We applied online, a few days later it was approved and my parents were asked to go to embassy (in Moscow, Russia) for a stamp. The visa was given for only 8 months (father) and 3 years (mother)! No consistency; both of their passports expire in 15 years from today; same travel history, visas etc..

Does anyone know why it was given for such a short period?
Any advise who should I contact asking this question? I emailed Russian visa office, however I feel I should ask Canadian as well (not sure which email to use?)

Please help!

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Keep in mind super visa is subjective so not everyone will get a 10 year multiple entry visa. But based on this information it would appear somewhere there may have been an error by the immigration officer, they are human so mistakes do occur.

Ya jelau vam sumaya loocheya shto vso bela harasho.

Good Luck

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mainz said:
Hi all,

I have a problem. I have recently become a Permanent Resident, and applied for my parents' visitor SUPER visa. Online it is said it's given up to 10 years with allowed duration of stay up to 2 years per entry

"Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa – which is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status." (cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp)

We applied online, a few days later it was approved and my parents were asked to go to embassy (in Moscow, Russia) for a stamp. The visa was given for only 8 months (father) and 3 years (mother)! No consistency; both of their passports expire in 15 years from today; same travel history, visas etc..

Any advise who should I contact asking this question? I emailed Russian visa office, however I feel I should ask Canadian as well (not sure which email to use?)

Please help!

Hi,
I am a new Canadian Immigrant and wish to apply for parent super visa.
Want to ask you about the kind of income support you furnished with the application. Have you already got a job in Canada.

Any reply from you would be of great help to me.

Thanks for sparing your invaluable time.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You have to meet the income requirements as well. If you recently became a permanent resident and did not meet minimum income requirements or submit evidence of it, then that could be why.

Also, a super visa is still a temporary resident visa of a different category. Therefore your parents still have to satisfy the officer that they will leave by choice at the end of their visit. Perhaps your mom was able to show stronger ties to her home country than your dad. See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-who.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Income Table

Effective from January 1 to December 31 2013

Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income

1 person (your child or grandchild) $23,298
2 persons $29,004
3 persons $35,657
4 persons $43,292
5 persons $49,102
6 persons $55,378
7 persons $61,656
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,268

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
mainz said:
Hi all,

Please help!
If they didn't go for meds and you didn't buy insurance, then this was a regular visa only. In addition, did you show all your required income?