+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Super Visa clarifications

prateekj23

Jul 22, 2024
Hi All, I am looking to apply for Parent Super Visa for my mother from India. I believe this requires a medical examination - does the Consulate of Canada in India accept medical examination conducted by a panel physician based in Canada? This will be more convenient for me, otherwise I will need to make a separate trip. Any information in this regard will be very helpful. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, I am looking to apply for Parent Super Visa for my mother from India. I believe this requires a medical examination - does the Consulate of Canada in India accept medical examination conducted by a panel physician based in Canada? This will be more convenient for me, otherwise I will need to make a separate trip. Any information in this regard will be very helpful. Thanks
So she is in Canada or India? She makes an appointment with an approved panel physician in the country she is in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To initiate a supervisa you have to enter Canada so it would be much smarter to wait until the supervisa is approved before travel. There are no guarantees of reentry if she leaves Canada and tries to reenter Canada on the supervisa especially if she no longer has ties to India and appears to be trying to live in Canada.

prateekj23

Jul 22, 2024
So she is in Canada or India? She makes an appointment with an approved panel physician in the country she is in.
She is currently in Canada - but it seems one can apply for Super Visa, from outside Canada. My question is: Even is she applies for Super Visa from India, can she go the upfront medical exam in Canada (just before traveling to India), and applying for the Super visa from India.

prateekj23

Jul 22, 2024
To initiate a supervisa you have to enter Canada so it would be much smarter to wait until the supervisa is approved before travel. There are no guarantees of reentry if she leaves Canada and tries to reenter Canada on the supervisa especially if she no longer has ties to India and appears to be trying to live in Canada.
She is already in Canada on a regular visitor visa - will be traveling back to India for Diwali - thats when it was my intention to apply for her Super Visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She is already in Canada on a regular visitor visa - will be traveling back to India for Diwali - thats when it was my intention to apply for her Super Visa.
You can attempt to do the medical in Canada. Very unlikely to have supervisa processed during Diwali. If she is only going to India for Diwali and has been visiting Canada for a long period of time she also risks being denied entry to Canada. It is best to reestablish ties to your home country and then apply for your supervisa. Even on a normal visitor visa it is expected that you will return home and reestablish ties before another visit to Canada.