+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Sponsorship - extend expiry date of one-time visa for landing in Canada

arpansikdar

May 19, 2022
Hi, my parents' sponsorship application was approved from India and they have also received the one-time travel visa (for landing in Canada) stamped to their passports.
That one-time visa has below dates.
Date of Issue : June 21, 2022
Date of expiry : Oct 30, 2022

Due to a family issue, my parents would like to travel in Feb 2023. Is there any way to extend the expiry date of this visa? If there is any other information required to help me with some guidance, please let me know.

@legalfalcon

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, my parents' sponsorship application was approved from India and they have also received the one-time travel visa (for landing in Canada) stamped to their passports.
That one-time visa has below dates.
Date of Issue : June 21, 2022
Date of expiry : Oct 30, 2022

Due to a family issue, my parents would like to travel in Feb 2023. Is there any way to extend the expiry date of this visa? If there is any other information required to help me with some guidance, please let me know.

@legalfalcon
You should assume they have to land by the date on their visa and that the COPR cannot be extended. COPRs are "use it or lose it". IRCC was extending COPRs under covid when travel restrictions were in place. But there are no such restorations now. Assume they need to land by the current expiry date on their visas or you'll need to restart the process from scratch.

arpansikdar

May 19, 2022
You should assume they have to land by the date on their visa and that the COPR cannot be extended. COPRs are "use it or lose it". IRCC was extending COPRs under covid when travel restrictions were in place. But there are no such restorations now. Assume they need to land by the current expiry date on their visas or you'll need to restart the process from scratch.
ya I was afraid that was going to be the reality. Thanks for the confirmation.