+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PANIC Situation for memos!!!

sameer3056

May 19, 2011
Hi Every one.... and Asak

My name is Sameer, from Hyderabad, India. I Graduated in 2009 holding B.E. Degree in IT. Been working as Database Administrator since 2 years. I planned for Canada for PG Diploma under SPP category.

here are my questions

1. I got 21 Memos for whole 4 years(3-4 Memos for each Semesters of total 7 Sems) with poor academics scores. Is theres any Rule that i should have less than 2 Backlogs in my memos (some stupid "agent" scared me so), for Applying PG diploma??

2. I dont hav my Father. so my Maternal Uncle (Mama) is funding me with 15000 CAD. Will that work if i showed as Liquid Cash as its all Genuine and Legal? or getting Edu-Loan is Compulsory for SPP category?

3. Will I require to get HRD and MEA attested to all my certificates including Apostle Attestation for Future PR plans?

Thanking you all in Advance Seniors...

May Almighty Fulfill all our wishes we been planning for....

prashant1111

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
I got rejection for Jan 2014 for Dalhousie University Sad.. the reason of refusal:your proposed stdies r nt reasonable in light of 1 or more of: ur qualifications, previous stdies, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or ur future propects and plans.
I got admission in dalhousie UNI for M.engg in internetworking. my profile is B.E (E&C) 58% (10 backlogs with repeatation) and an year gap during U.G means B.E completed in 5 years. IELTS- 6.5 (min 6 in each),also my final year project was on networking and I have also submitted a certificate from a private institute of N+, CCNA, MCSE where I have done training of these networking courses .. sufficient funds shown, but SOP was very poor... applied under university category.. now how to resolve this issue with this profile?? plz guide me, I am desparately looking for help on this as I want to re-apply soon for the same intake..

imran_aziz123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sameer3056 said:
Hi Every one.... and Asak

My name is Sameer, from Hyderabad, India. I Graduated in 2009 holding B.E. Degree in IT. Been working as Database Administrator since 2 years. I planned for Canada for PG Diploma under SPP category.

here are my questions

1. I got 21 Memos for whole 4 years(3-4 Memos for each Semesters of total 7 Sems) with poor academics scores. Is theres any Rule that i should have less than 2 Backlogs in my memos (some stupid "agent" scared me so), for Applying PG diploma??

2. I dont hav my Father. so my Maternal Uncle (Mama) is funding me with 15000 CAD. Will that work if i showed as Liquid Cash as its all Genuine and Legal? or getting Edu-Loan is Compulsory for SPP category?

3. Will I require to get HRD and MEA attested to all my certificates including Apostle Attestation for Future PR plans?

Thanking you all in Advance Seniors...

May Almighty Fulfill all our wishes we been planning for....

Hi Sameer,

I will try to answer your questions...

1. There is an unwritten rule that you must have a maximum of particular number of backlogs. Generally, if you want to go for the university degree, the universities accept a maximum of 2 backlogs including the repetitions. If you are going to diploma courses, then the maximum they accept is 10 backlogs including repetitions. BUT, (here is an interesting fact), I have seen people going to Canada in universities with even 15 backlogs. Some of them got a course to do first(like a short term under grad course-upon which they decide that you are good for university degree or for diploma). You will find trouble when you apply for visa too because they ask for individual memos to submit not the consolidated. But again, visa officer judges every aspect not just the backlogs.

2. Any one can fund for your studies. You only will have to get a written document from some lawyer and signature of your uncle that he will fund you with the money. One more thing I would like to add here is, I do not thing 15000 will be sufficient because the GIC is $10,100. You need to show funds equivalent to one complete year tuition fee + GIC. So, I do not think 15000 CAD will be sufficient.

Hope this answers your question..