+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Palestinian international student from Lebanon for study permit in canada

daamzdark

Jul 13, 2017
Hello,
I'm currently in a state of hesitation, I am a Palestinian refugee travel document holder from lebanon ( born and raised in Lebanon and my mom is Lebanese)
just graduated from university with a bachelor ( with distinction), intending to do a post graduate certificate ( 2 year program in Ontario) I have my acceptance letter and paid first term fees
I possess many awards, participation certificates and achievements on the academic and social level, i have the finances available from my dad to cover my expenses and tuition fees while in canada. I am exempted from English language proficiency tests, I traveled lots outside region ( twice to Europe and once to Dubai), but once was not granted a tourist visa to Australia to go and visit my aunt while still a student at university
I have a clean record and intending to do this certificate to strenghthen my skills and knoweldge in my industry which is hospitality and tourism management
if provided all required documents what are my chances of being granted a study visa to canada and how to provide a good file

your feedback and guidance is of highly valued,

Thank you.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Hello,
I'm currently in a state of hesitation, I am a Palestinian refugee travel document holder from lebanon ( born and raised in Lebanon and my mom is Lebanese)
just graduated from university with a bachelor ( with distinction), intending to do a post graduate certificate ( 2 year program in Ontario) I have my acceptance letter and paid first term fees
I possess many awards, participation certificates and achievements on the academic and social level, i have the finances available from my dad to cover my expenses and tuition fees while in canada. I am exempted from English language proficiency tests, I traveled lots outside region ( twice to Europe and once to Dubai), but once was not granted a tourist visa to Australia to go and visit my aunt while still a student at university
I have a clean record and intending to do this certificate to strenghthen my skills and knoweldge in my industry which is hospitality and tourism management
if provided all required documents what are my chances of being granted a study visa to canada and how to provide a good file

your feedback and guidance is of highly valued,

Thank you.
Hi and welcome to the forum!
1. You need to provide a letter of support from your father in the form of affidavit , for samples:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsor-affidavit.484898/#post-5927700

2. You need to provide a strong Statement of purpose , explain everything why you want to study in Canada and how can it help you:
You need to demonstrate strong ties to home country.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t75028.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-sop-t107980.0.html;msg1529609#msg1529609

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t84700.0.html;msg1032084#msg1032084

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-study-plan-in-marketing-t78700.0.html;msg1093595#msg1093595

3. Proof of Funds:
Provide Salary certificates/Payslips for father
Provide 4 month's statement for father's account
Provide deeds showing ownership , assets if any.

4. Make sure all the forms are filled properly and not missing signatures (letter of support, SOP, etc...) read and read again before you submit your documents.

5. Make sure to mention any Visa refusals in the past , otherwise you would be refused for misrepresentation.

6. Search the forums for :Study permit refused or refusal to learn about other cases and how to avoid them.

Good Luck.

daamzdark

Jul 13, 2017
ok concerning the statement of purpose I guess it is for people who have a program less than 8 months and want to get a student visa to Canada so they have to explain why? however, i am doing a post grad in my major and area of specialization for 2 years
second, i will provide a sponsorship paper from dads bank that he will cover my tuitions, expenses...
the third dad is self-employed,( trades) so I can provide that: Provide 4 month's statement for father's account
concerning assets, we have a house and two cars do I have to provide deeds for that but why?
fourth sure I'll mention my Australian tourist visa refusal, would or wouldn't make an impact?
fifth I want to make sure I fill electronically from my computer by typing and when I want to sign I print it and sign by hand?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
ok concerning the statement of purpose I guess it is for people who have a program less than 8 months and want to get a student visa to Canada so they have to explain why? however, i am doing a post grad in my major and area of specialization for 2 years
second, i will provide a sponsorship paper from dads bank that he will cover my tuitions, expenses...
the third dad is self-employed,( trades) so I can provide that: Provide 4 month's statement for father's account
concerning assets, we have a house and two cars do I have to provide deeds for that but why?
fourth sure I'll mention my Australian tourist visa refusal, would or wouldn't make an impact?
fifth I want to make sure I fill electronically from my computer by typing and when I want to sign I print it and sign by hand?
1. A strong SOP is needed because you are applying for post grad!
A lot of people got refusal because of field of study is not a natural progression of their undergraduate studies (strong advise: search the forum for : "study permit refused") , a SOP is needed as well to convince the officer that you will leave Canada after you finish your studies(home ties).
2. It is better to provide trade license of you father's business, if possible, besides the bank account.
3. No impact , probably positive impact as you show that you are honest by mentioning the visa refusal, not mentioning a visa refusal; may land you in 5 years ban from applying to Canada.
4. You do not have to print or sign any thing , other than signatures of your father on the letter of support.
You need to start by checking the online tool at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
then they will provide you with a number and a list of required documents , when you are ready to submit your application , you will sign it electronically by entering your name.
Good Luck.

daamzdark

Jul 13, 2017
your reply and feedback is of high importance and utmost valued, thank you
1. my bachelor degree was in hospitality and tourism management ( graduated with distinction) and my applied post graduate certificate is a two year in hospitality and tourism operations management ( i see a strong link and similarity between both)
so I don't know concerning the SOP as I see on the document checklist it's not listed and there isn't a specific form for it ( talking from Lebanon case)
2. my dad has been like for 27 years in the business of trades, so the license is registered in the name of his brother his brother used to work with him but his brother left it years ago, but there is a license of our business ( that's it is registered in the government) I am happy to translate it and certify it if it requires so ( but note he doesn't own a shop he is like a tenant, where there is a landlord who rents his shops out)
but I guess the bank statement for last 4 month and sponsorship paper from the bank would be possible
3. concerning the visa refusal yes I ascertain to provide it because i hate lying in general and especially when it comes to applications and official documents.
4. please note that am not applying online, i am applying on paper from the nearest Visa application center, so is it right to fill the application by typing and then print it and sign it by hand to finalize it?
5. concerning how to prove to the officer that I will return back home after finishing I don't know how to prove that since i will be going for studying not tourism

so as a final conclusion what are my chances of being granted a study visa to canada?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
your reply and feedback is of high importance and utmost valued, thank you

so I don't know concerning the SOP as I see on the document checklist it's not listed and there isn't a specific form for it ( talking from Lebanon case)
4. please note that am not applying online, i am applying on paper from the nearest Visa application center, so is it right to fill the application by typing and then print it and sign it by hand to finalize it.
so as a final conclusion what are my chances of being granted a study visa to Canada?
SOP is never in the check list , but it is very important , if you continue with the online application , you will see "Letter of Explanation" that's where you explain your SOP.
VAC staff will check your application completeness.
No one can tell you if you will get the visa or not , I've seen strong cases got rejected and not very solid cases got approved, it is in God's hands.
If it is got rejected , then ppl try to address the reasons mentioned in the refusal letter and re apply.
Good Luck.

daamzdark

Jul 13, 2017
SOP is never in the check list , but it is very important , if you continue with the online application , you will see "Letter of Explanation" that's where you explain your SOP.
VAC staff will check your application completeness.
No one can tell you if you will get the visa or not , I've seen strong cases got rejected and not very solid cases got approved, it is in God's hands.
If it is got rejected , then ppl try to address the reasons mentioned in the refusal letter and re apply.
Good Luck.
ok fine than so ill do an sop and im applying on paper so ill just write a word document and sign it
thank you and you have not replied to me concerning when filling up my application i fill it on my computer by typing and signing is by printing and signing by hand or electronic signature?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
ok fine than so ill do an sop and im applying on paper so ill just write a word document and sign it
thank you and you have not replied to me concerning when filling up my application i fill it on my computer by typing and signing is by printing and signing by hand or electronic signature?
If you are applying on paper , then you need to type on your computer , print and sign by hand. Make sure to check and double check every document so nothing is missing. However the visa center staff in Lebanon will check the completeness of your application or you can use their services:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Lebanon/
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Lebanon/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

daamzdark

Jul 13, 2017
thank you, your assistance is highly appreciated
thanks again ill tell you my feedback when i hopefully get my visa