+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OWP Rejection

Jan 18, 2024
Hello Everyone,
Today my husband OWP was rejected and received this below.

This letter refers to your application for a work permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status EXPIRED ON JULY 20, 2024.

I didnt knew I received this letter, I got no notification from IRCC in my email. I worked from 22,23,24 July 2024. Is it going to be problem for me. I notced when I opened my IRCC account yesterday. In long term when applying for PR, or currently when I am planning to restore my husbands status in this application as well will IRCC comes to know I worked for these 3 days and that too by mistake.

Regards,
SK

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Today my husband OWP was rejected and received this below.

This letter refers to your application for a work permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status EXPIRED ON JULY 20, 2024.

I didnt knew I received this letter, I got no notification from IRCC in my email. I worked from 22,23,24 July 2024. Is it going to be problem for me. I notced when I opened my IRCC account yesterday. In long term when applying for PR, or currently when I am planning to restore my husbands status in this application as well will IRCC comes to know I worked for these 3 days and that too by mistake.

Regards,
SK
So your husband was extending SOWP? If so, he must stop working immediately. You are out of status so must restore status and reapply. Did you as the student/PGWP holder include your job letter and payslips?

Jan 18, 2024
So your husband was extending SOWP? If so, he must stop working immediately. You are out of status so must restore status and reapply. Did you as the student/PGWP holder include your job letter and payslips?
Hi, Thanks for your message.
Yes I did documents such as Paystubs, Experience letter which includes my Salary range and 2 lines relating to my behaviour at work.
I didnt gave any Job Description or Roles n Responsibilities.
But also can u focus on days I worked wherein I was out of status.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi, Thanks for your message.
Yes I did documents such as Paystubs, Experience letter which includes my Salary range and 2 lines relating to my behaviour at work.
I didnt gave any Job Description or Roles n Responsibilities.
But also can u focus on days I worked wherein I was out of status.
What's your status? And "behaviour at work" is that a negative thing?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I completed my Masters and working in HR in NOC B catagory. Behaviour at work is nothing just 2 lines from Employer saying that I am honest, Harworking and punctual at work.
Job letter needs to include job duties to prove you are doing the job in NOC B. Behaviour at work is not relevant.