+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Owing Taxes and Wait time for Interview

Michelle1985

May 31, 2024
Hi,

Two questions

1. I have applied for a K1 visa. I have yet to file my taxes (self employed) and I see in the list for documents needed for interview, they require a copy of your tax return. Is this just for the Sponsor (US Citizen Fiance) or will they ask me for mine as well?

2. When I look up wait time for interview in Montreal, it says taking Emergency Apts Only. How long is it taking right now for the interview? NVC has received my case but would love to know roughly how long out I am so I can budget as flying to both ontario for medical and quebec for interview isn't cheap.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

Two questions

1. I have applied for a K1 visa. I have yet to file my taxes (self employed) and I see in the list for documents needed for interview, they require a copy of your tax return. Is this just for the Sponsor (US Citizen Fiance) or will they ask me for mine as well?

2. When I look up wait time for interview in Montreal, it says taking Emergency Apts Only. How long is it taking right now for the interview? NVC has received my case but would love to know roughly how long out I am so I can budget as flying to both ontario for medical and quebec for interview isn't cheap.
Post your question in an American Immigration Forum.

Has nothing to do with Canadian immigration