+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas Immigration with spousal sponsorship with Canadian Job Offer.

Tjmaze

Feb 6, 2024
Hello everyone. This is my first post so my apologies if this question has been dealt with before.

I am a United States citizen who is currently going through the immigration process. My wife is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me. We decided to do an over seas immigration application in order to allow me to visit family and continue working in the States.

I recently received a job offer from an employer in Ontario. My work is largely contract based and housing is provided to me while working, so there is not a need to move until my PR comes through. Not to mention, I live outside of Detroit,Michigan and the main office in Ontario is less than two hours away.

I know there is a new policy regarding open work permits with immigration applications, but it seems very new and even the attorney I’ve consulted hasn’t fully figured out the precedent.

Any advice? I’d hate to have to decline a dream job.

Thanks,

Tim

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. This is my first post so my apologies if this question has been dealt with before.

I am a United States citizen who is currently going through the immigration process. My wife is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me. We decided to do an over seas immigration application in order to allow me to visit family and continue working in the States.

I recently received a job offer from an employer in Ontario. My work is largely contract based and housing is provided to me while working, so there is not a need to move until my PR comes through. Not to mention, I live outside of Detroit,Michigan and the main office in Ontario is less than two hours away.

I know there is a new policy regarding open work permits with immigration applications, but it seems very new and even the attorney I’ve consulted hasn’t fully figured out the precedent.

Thanks,

Tim
- Post your questions to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.
- The policy is not that new. Fire your attorney.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks,

Tim
If housing is provided it is not purely consulting based.