+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Visa : No Update

parths411

Aug 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Here is the situation , I applied under Family Sponsorship, file submitted AUG 12, 22. We have tried reaching out to CIC via call but call doesnt go through and via web form we have raised it several times, and recently all the required webform raised we just received an email from one of the agent saying this is with New Delhi VO so to raise form there but there is no response or update on AOR as well.

Background:
I got my PR last year, Jan 22, while my wife's OWP was in process which was on final decision, got a refusal due to my status changed to PR, so we applied it again, we did hire an immigrant lawyer to help us, he kept on delaying and finally we had to close and submit the file by ourselves and we had to do everything.
Long story short, its been 3 years+ we been away and its really hard to be away with all the pressure and depression she is going through, I just some honest opinion from you atleast some input will help.

I just need some guidance on what we can do to get update on AOR or something that give us hope that file is still with them and we may receive an update.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Here is the situation , I applied for Spousal visa, file submitted AUG 12, 22. We have tried reaching out to CIC via call but call doesnt go through and via web form we have raised it several times, and recently all the required webform raised we just received an email from one of the agent saying this is with New Delhi VO so to raise form there but there is no response or update on AOR as well.
I got my PR this year Jan 22, while my wife's OWP was in process which was on final decision was refused due to my status changed, so we applied it again, we did hire an agent to help us, he kept on delaying and finally we had to close and submit the file by ourselves, as agent kept on saying its done done, but eventually he dint submit and we had to do it everything.
Long story short, its been 3 years+ we been away and its really hard to be away with all the pressure and depression she is going through, I just some honest opinion from you atleast some input will help.

I just some guidance on what we can do to get update on AOR or something related that give us a hope that file is still with them and we may receive an update.
It's a bit confusing to understand what has happened.

You say that you got PR this year (Jan 22). I assume you mean last year? In January 2022 and then you submitted an application to sponsor your wife last August (2022)? Is that right?

Your wife doesn't qualify for an OWP. So applying for one doesn't make sense and you should withdraw that application.

Has she tried applying for a TRV?

I assume your wife was included as a dependent in your PR application. Any reason you didn't include her as an accompanying depenendent? Then she would have received PR at the same time as you. This would have been the easiest path. Anyway, what's done is done.

parths411

Aug 5, 2020
I am sorry for a confusion here.

I was just giving background, that is right its Jan 22, last year. So in Aug I applied under family sponsorship.

Background - Before apply via Family Sponsorship

In terms of my PR File - I had submitted under unaccompaning as that time she was preparing for her CA and later in Oct 2021 I applied for her OWP, I did enquire to see if I add her on my ongoing file and make change to my original file of PR but was advised not to do that and thus applied for her OWP separately, eventually both file were on final decision stage, i got my PR and she got refusal, so we applied under FS.