+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spousal sponsorship.

Solkien

Jul 4, 2024
Hello, I’m currently living in Quebec, but due to several reasons I’m planning to reside in another province with my wife after her spousal sponsorship application is approved. (We got married abroad a few months ago.)

What would be the best way to approach this if I were to start the outland spousal sponsorship process from outside Canada in a few months since I intend to reside in her country while the application is in process? (I’ve never lived in another province and I’m a Canadian citizen if that helps.)

Since I will be unemployed abroad, I tried to think of ways to “prove intent” about settling in Canada and being financially capable. This is what I could come up with :

- Booking an Airbnb for a few weeks in the province we are planning to move to and explaining that it’s a temporary accommodation until we are able to sign a lease.

- Providing prints of apartment searches.

- It may negatively impact us if I mention that family in Quebec would be able to host us for a certain time (If we are moving to say.. Ontario or Alberta.) so I was thinking of just stating that they would help me out financially during my move and provide an affidavit.

- Registering with a recruitment agency and showing correspondance with them.

- Bank statement showing a few thousand dollars.

Does this sound sensible or am I missing something? Thanks