+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal sponsorship document translation question

newt one

Mar 1, 2016
Hello all

I am currently working on my wifes visa application and we hit a bit of a sticking point on the document translations. We need some documents translated but the CIC website for translating things overseas is a bit confusing.

So for overseas translations it says

For overseas applications
Procedure for staff at the CIC mission outside Canada

Upon receipt of the translated English or French documents, an embassy official must:

thoroughly review the translation to verify that its content conforms to the original document upon which the translation was based;
affix a stamp (or write) “VERIFIED – TRUE TRANSLATION” and the Embassy wet seal on the document; and
initial the document.

However when I called the Embassy in Japan they said that they do not have anything to do with visa applications and would not even answer any questions about where to go to have it done.

Should we just look for a translator that can have it notarized? or do we need to go to the CIC mission in Manila to have that done?

Thank you

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
newt one said:
Hello all

I am currently working on my wifes visa application and we hit a bit of a sticking point on the document translations. We need some documents translated but the CIC website for translating things overseas is a bit confusing.

Upon receipt of the translated English or French documents, an embassy official must:

thoroughly review the translation to verify that its content conforms to the original document upon which the translation was based;
affix a stamp (or write) “VERIFIED – TRUE TRANSLATION” and the Embassy wet seal on the document; and
initial the document.

However when I called the Embassy in Japan they said that they do not have anything to do with visa applications and would not even answer any questions about where to go to have it done.

Should we just look for a translator that can have it notarized? or do we need to go to the CIC mission in Manila to have that done?

Thank you
did you try at the embassy wich your wife is from but in canada?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
newt one said:
Hello all

initial the document.

Thank you
Hey Expectin,
Get your papers translated with a certified translator, they will stamp and sign the papers they translated. After they give those papers back to you, go to a notary and get the papers (the english version ones) notarized.

Jan 19, 2016
Thank you for your (and everyone's amazing questions and ANSWERS).

Can you tell me what a "certified translator" is?

Looking online there are certified translators in each province, sepcifically for each province but do we need to go through one of those (We have a police check from Spain). Or can we have it done elsewhere? (we live in China right now)

Thanks ahead,

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can search for internet that certified translator and notarization ( usually you can do at a one agency) for immigration in China.

They will do or maybe Canada embassy in Canada may have a list that they recommend.