+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Open Work Permit

billpz16

Jun 11, 2024
Hello, everyone. I have a question regarding my wife's visa application.

I graduated from a university (bachelor's degree) and have a PGWP. I'm trying to help her apply for her visa; she has also been refused a TRV twice before. After I started working this year, I want to try again based on my new status. However, someone told me it would be difficult for her to get a spousal work permit too because of the new policy, which was effected in March. I'm really confused right now; based on my understanding, the new policy only sets restrictions on some of the international students but not pgwp holders. At this point, should I try to apply for an open work permit for my wife or TRV again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, everyone. I have a question regarding my wife's visa application.

I graduated from a university (bachelor's degree) and have a PGWP. I'm trying to help her apply for her visa; she has also been refused a TRV twice before. After I started working this year, I want to try again based on my new status. However, someone told me it would be difficult for her to get a spousal work permit too because of the new policy, which was effected in March. I'm really confused right now; based on my understanding, the new policy only sets restrictions on some of the international students but not pgwp holders. At this point, should I try to apply for an open work permit for my wife or TRV again?
This is not a family sponsorship issue. Post under foreign workers.