+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland sponsorship and Employer-specific work permit

Tina571

Dec 20, 2021
Hello,

I am Canadian. My French husband and I currently live in France and applied for outland spousal sponsorship in Oct 2021.

He potentially has a job offer for a Canadian employer who is willing to apply for an employer-specific work permit for him. The job would begin well before the expected date of his PR.

Can he obtain the employer-specific work visa and work in Canada while waiting for the outland sponsorship to come through?

I've looked on the government site but can't find an answer because everything work permit and sponsorship related has to do with applying for an open work permit and inland sponsorship.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am Canadian. My French husband and I currently live in France and applied for outland spousal sponsorship in Oct 2021.

He potentially has a job offer for a Canadian employer who is willing to apply for an employer-specific work permit for him. The job would begin well before the expected date of his PR.

Can he obtain the employer-specific work visa and work in Canada while waiting for the outland sponsorship to come through?

I've looked on the government site but can't find an answer because everything work permit and sponsorship related has to do with applying for an open work permit and inland sponsorship.

Thanks
Yes, he can do that. No issues.