28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Hi everyone.

Long story short, I married a Mexican national in Mexico and had to return to Canada to resume working only 10 days later. It's been very difficult, being apart for the three months. She is submitting a TRV in a few weeks and if successful, then we are applying Inland and we'll not have to worry again about anything because we'll be together. If it's denied however, of course we could reapply, but when you don't have any money, a job, or any significant ties to your home country, a re-submission will also likely be denied.

I'll have to consider other options, such as moving there to be with her, after submitting an Outland application. It's just too stressful where she is living. I don't want to go into detail but she is unable to leave the house to move somewhere else, has no friends to go to and no money, and has been trying to find work for over three months. I need to do something in order to save her, so I can defend her, and protect her. I honestly do not know if she could make it through the year long Outland process.

So I want to know how living outside of Canada, while an Outland application is pending, will work. I believe I am assessed for two months to determine my eligibility as a sponsor, and then after that, they send the file to Mexico City. At that point I was going to leave, to be with her. I would be allowed to live there with her at the house she is in. Would that cause any problems for my application? I've read other posts where people have submitted Outland and then they had problems at the end, just before the PR stage because Canada wanted to see proof that the sponsor had a job offer. What if we get to that stage and I don't have an offer? Is the case denied? Or is it put on hold until I can submit a letter of employment or job offer? If so, how long will it be put on hold for?

I know that staying in Canada while waiting for Outland to go through is obviously the most direct way to do this, but I have to be with her soon because of how much pressure and abuse she is experiencing.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
alemoo said:
So I want to know how living outside of Canada, while an Outland application is pending, will work.
As long as you're a Canadian citizen (and not a PR), then it's no problem. You can live in Mexico before or during the application processing, it doesn't matter.

You may just need to show though that you have intention to return back to Canada after her PR is approved.

Would that cause any problems for my application? I've read other posts where people have submitted Outland and then they had problems at the end, just before the PR stage because Canada wanted to see proof that the sponsor had a job offer.
No there would be no problems. There is no requirement for sponsor to have a job offer before PR is approved. As I said, you may just need to show proof you plan to return to Canada. Some people may show a job offer as their proof to return, but it's not mandatory.

The financial aspect of sponsor is assessed during the sponsor stage (first 2 months).

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
alemoo said:
Hi everyone.

Long story short, I married a Mexican national in Mexico and had to return to Canada to resume working only 10 days later. It's been very difficult, being apart for the three months. She is submitting a TRV in a few weeks and if successful, then we are applying Inland and we'll not have to worry again about anything because we'll be together. If it's denied however, of course we could reapply, but when you don't have any money, a job, or any significant ties to your home country, a re-submission will also likely be denied.

I'll have to consider other options, such as moving there to be with her, after submitting an Outland application. It's just too stressful where she is living. I don't want to go into detail but she is unable to leave the house to move somewhere else, has no friends to go to and no money, and has been trying to find work for over three months. I need to do something in order to save her, so I can defend her, and protect her. I honestly do not know if she could make it through the year long Outland process.

So I want to know how living outside of Canada, while an Outland application is pending, will work. I believe I am assessed for two months to determine my eligibility as a sponsor, and then after that, they send the file to Mexico City. At that point I was going to leave, to be with her. I would be allowed to live there with her at the house she is in. Would that cause any problems for my application? I've read other posts where people have submitted Outland and then they had problems at the end, just before the PR stage because Canada wanted to see proof that the sponsor had a job offer. What if we get to that stage and I don't have an offer? Is the case denied? Or is it put on hold until I can submit a letter of employment or job offer? If so, how long will it be put on hold for?

I know that staying in Canada while waiting for Outland to go through is obviously the most direct way to do this, but I have to be with her soon because of how much pressure and abuse she is experiencing.
If you are married and she has no job, money, property, business, or strong ties back to Mexico SHE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE DENIED A TRV!!!! We applied for a TRV for my wife 6 months after getting married in Mexico, what we thought was well documented application, for a 2 week visit. It was denied. Since you are married the Canadian Government is convinced that if they let her into Canada on a TRV that she will almost certainly overstay, therefore they deny the TRV! What I was told by CIC officials is that we could make a dual intent application apply for PR for my wife and either at the same time or a month later apply for TRV. The Gov views this differently as it shows your intention to have her become a PR and that they can do all the scrutiny necessary. And that she is less likely to overstay her TRV as you wouldn't want to jeapordize your PR application. HOWEVER, if she has no job, no money, not attending school, no business interests in Mexico and no strong family ties back to Mexico there is HIGH probability that she will still be denied TRV.

My recommendation is to start with a well documented outland PR application and if she is a significant risk where she lives, that you come to Mexico and stay with her until the PR application processes, but plan on one year to 18 months from the time the application is submitted. You don't have to be in Canada during the Spousal Approval stage. I wasn't.

I also strongly suggest that you read the Mexico forum here on canadavisa.com to become as informed as possible about the PR process. There are many people there willing to help and share their experiences about their applications.

You can PM me if you need more information or if you care to share more about her situation/location. Perhaps help can be offered somehow. But I don't think you should waste your time and money on a TRV application when it will almost 100% be denied, and will only delay the inevitable PR application. Also, I agree with the comments rob TO made.