06-26-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Remedical 28th March 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Hi,
I am a PR holder getting married next month to a girl from India. She already has a canadian tourist visa.
I plan to file her application immediately after our marriage.
Then in 15 days, she plans to accompany me back to the country on a tourist visa. She will go back to India after 6 months and wait for the PR in India.
My question is what should we tell the visa officer when we land in canada, should we declare that we are married or let her just say she has come to visit?
Also if I don't apply the PR immediately after marriage, and if she comes here on a tourist visa, can I still file for an Outland once she is here in the country or I am forced to file an Inland?
Has someone done this before, could they share their experience.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Plenty of Americans have done this with no problem. I would like to get some people from India to weigh in here though.
She should prepare proof she intends to return to India: a return ticket, proof of a job with a letter giving her leave, proof of investments, anything that will show she will return.
You should have proof you can support her during her stay - unless she has enough money to support herself.
Then have a copy of the PR application with the fee receipt. Be honest when the border agents ask questions. They may not ask to see any of these documents, but it is best to have them just in case.
Be clear that she is just visiting for 6 months, and will go home to wait for the PR processing.