+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

out of the country during PR application

xoxo_76

Sep 26, 2009
Hi!
i am under LCP and i will finish my 24months this october 20th. And i have agree with my employers to go for a cruise on 27th of January, 2010. My concern is, can i leave out of Canada if i decided to submit my PR application by Dec. 2009? Or am i allowed to leave the country during my application process?
Please help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xoxo_76 said:
Hi!
i am under LCP and i will finish my 24months this october 20th. And i have agree with my employers to go for a cruise on 27th of January, 2010. My concern is, can i leave out of Canada if i decided to submit my PR application by Dec. 2009? Or am i allowed to leave the country during my application process?
Please help!
Yes you can leave on a holiday, just insure that you maintain your status in Canada, and that if you are from NON visa exempt country that you have a valid TRV to re-enter Canada.

PMM

xoxo_76

Sep 26, 2009
thanks for the info.
actually, we are going to Florida with my employers and i already have US visa. and my work permit expires on October 2010.
what exactly are you referring regarding my status?
please let me know..
thanks a lot!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xoxo_76 said:
thanks for the info.
actually, we are going to Florida with my employers and i already have US visa. and my work permit expires on October 2010.
what exactly are you referring regarding my status?
please let me know..
thanks a lot!
1. You must have either valid work permit or other valid document to re-enter Canada.
2. It is not the US visa, that would be at issue, if you require a visitor visa to enter Canada, you must have a valid TRV to enter. The cruise may leave from Florida but it will be going to foreign ports. So as you will be traveling outside the continental US and St. Pierre et Miquelon if you require a TRV, you need to either have one, or apply for one by mail through one of the Canadian offices in the US>

PMM

S

safii

hi
r u applying for open work prmit as well.my 24 months will be complete in july2010.