+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of country - received IRCC PR portal confirmation

najjas

Sep 16, 2024
Hi all,

we (i and my wife) received PR portal confirmation email while being outside Canada and we donot have a TRV to return back to canada at the moment.

- I recently graduated and have a PGWP while my wife is on SOP
- I applied for BCPNP during my graduate school and got nominated (international postgraduate stream- given to PHD students after their qualifying exams) and applied for PR after the nomination. Applied while we were in BC so it is an inland application
- I believe it is in the final stage, and received the PR Portal (PR confirmation) email but unfortunately we are not in Canada and both of our TRV is expired too
- We are in the US (we recently moved after getting a job here) and our status is H1B and H14
- Since we did not have a Canadian TRV, we could not go back to declare the presence in Canada in the confirmation portal. Hence said that to the officer in the email reply of the confirmation portal
- After I sent the email reply, the officer asked us to upload the form IMM 5669, which is the detailed background declaration form (so they want to know our current address and what I am doing and where)
- I will be uploading the IMM 5669 form soon.

But i want to know from the experts, is this the red flag that they asked about IMM 5669?what might the officer say after I upload the IMM 5669 and they know about my current job in the US (which is a 2-year term job). What is the best approach I could take to secure our PR card?