+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa In person Interview H1B+H4 Stamping - October 2023

ppy

Aug 28, 2023
Anyone going for their H1B Stamping to Ottawa in October 2023? I am going to be there with my family and trying to connect with people with similar scenario

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Anyone going for their H1B Stamping to Ottawa in October 2023? I am going to be there with my family and trying to connect with people with similar scenario
Im planning to send my docs by end of this month to Ottawa consulate. Not an interview though! If they refuse and asked me to come for an interview i need to start looking for dates as well. Was yours a direct interview ? are you travelling from US?

ppy

Aug 28, 2023
Travelling from US. I guess most of them applying from within canada get eligible for Interview Waiver - Make sure to send notarized copy of your PR CARD. I read few posts where they just sent the some authorization letter and not the actual PR CARD or Notarized copy of PR CARD. Saying this from the posts that I have come across and you should be good.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Travelling from US. I guess most of them applying from within canada get eligible for Interview Waiver - Make sure to send notarized copy of your PR CARD. I read few posts where they just sent the some authorization letter and not the actual PR CARD or Notarized copy of PR CARD. Saying this from the posts that I have come across and you should be good.
Why is that, a notarized copy is required? But the instructions doesn’t specifically mention for a notarized copy! Can you please point me to those posts if you are able to trace them back.

ppy

Aug 28, 2023
I’ll try to find those threads - they were at different platform from my recollection.

May be I could be wrong. Always better to carry an extra copy which may be notarized less chances of being called for an interview.