+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa CPC vs Inland

RokijWayro

Jul 20, 2014
Hi,

We are applying for spousal sponsorship from within Canada. Initially, I thought the only option was to apply either inland, or from my wife's home country in Asia.

Now I see that if she is currently in Canada maybe we can apply through Ottawa CPC as outland. Is this correct?
What are the differences between the two options?

Thanks in advance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
RokijWayro said:
Hi,

We are applying for spousal sponsorship from within Canada. Initially, I thought the only option was to apply either inland, or from my wife's home country in Asia.

Now I see that if she is currently in Canada maybe we can apply through Ottawa CPC as outland. Is this correct?
What are the differences between the two options?

Thanks in advance
How is she in Canada now? The rule is, you can only request processing based on residency if you have been admitted to that country for 1 full year. So that would mean if she's here as student or worker with at least a 1 year visa, she could request Ottawa. But if just on 6 month visitor status, she could not.

Also even if you qualify for Ottawa and request it, CIC may still just decide to send the app based on citizenship so it could still end up going to Asia visa office.