05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Can someone help?

The VO (Singapore) asks for notarized documents only, not originals.

Can I send original employment contracts anyway instead of a notarized copy? I have 2 originals from my employer and do not need it back.

Would they accept that or refuse my application due to not following precisely the rules?
Thanks for your help.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
rado said:
Can someone help?

Can I send original employment contracts anyway instead of a notarized copy? I have 2 originals from my employer and do not need it back.

Would they accept that or refuse my application due to not following precisely the rules?
Thanks for your help.
Better act as suggested by CHC

asyousuf

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
rado said:
Can someone help?

Thanks for your help.
They would almost certainly not fail your application for sending original contracts instead of notarized copies, however, they may not return them if your application succeeds. Normally they only return originals which they have asked for after issuing a visa, hence why they specify certain documents as copies so they do not have to return them.

Depends how bothered you are about getting the contracts back again? But please also remember, if those originals are lost in the post you have no way to get copies, and even if you make plain copies before you send them you have no way to get them notarized, since the notary/solicitor cannot see the original to confirm their authenticity.

So it would be better all round for you to make copies and get them notarized. A bit more expensive but better than having nowhere left to go if they get lost in the post!

Wayne.