+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport Request(Sending by email)

JahAmoresss6

Jul 21, 2018
Good day everyone! To whoever reads this and replies, Im thanking you in advance!

I've been asked to send my original passport to the VAC (im in the Philippines and Im about to pass it in VAC in Manila through mail) This is my second time around but I really forgot the fees I need to pay in sending my passport.
It is in my knowledge that I should pay through Manager's Cheque, but I don't know how much I should pay.
From the website:
Important Note: If you mail-in your additional documents and/or passport at the Canada Visa Application Centre without the applicable “Package Transmission” service charge (see above) and/or the VFS Consent Form, this will be considered an incomplete mail-in package. You will need to submit the missing Package Transmission service charge within 10 working days. Failure to receive the Package Transmission service charges within 10 working days will result in the package being returned to you.

Another says : "Mail-in - Send in your passport, along with the passport request letter, the applicable VAC fees, the VFS Consent Form and your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address to the VAC. Submitting your passport at the VAC can entail a service charge for Package transmission (see above). This should be paid in the form of a Managers cheque made payable to VFS Services Philippine Private Inc. Please note that the courier service fee for the return of passport is separate from package transmission fee.

I really got confused with the last sentence, It is a must to pay the "Transmission Fee" (PHP412.00) right? But is it just the one way mail? and I need to pay other fees to get my passport back? And how much would it be?
There is another list that says
Two-Way Courier Service (per package) $19.53 =Php672.00 , should I pay for this instead?
And should I pay for this as well? : =
Short Message Service (SMS) (per Applicant) $2.75 = Php95.00

Sorry I really got confused. Thank you for the help!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Why not call them directly (+632) 8528-2505 so they can answer all your inquiries.