+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Marriage certificate deemed invalid! Help!

EastYorker

May 1, 2018
Dear Members,

I applied for express entry PR (Inland and under FSW) on the 19th of June, 2018, and for a BOWP on the 12th of July, 2018 along with my husband. I am the main applicant and hence had to upload our marriage certificate among many other documents. I uploaded our original certificate, just like I had done in all our past applications to CIC, which were all successful (1st was husband as the main applicant for study permit and me as a dependent worker, and 2nd was husband as the main applicant as post-grad worker and me as dependent worker). Now we got a 'Request Letter' (after medical was passed a few days ago) stating this:

"Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we
require the following information/documents:
RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee This must be received at this office by:
2018/08/06
 Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s). The one you already submitted is not
valid. This must be received at this office by 2018/08/06"

From research and gathered knowledge about the PR process, I know that the request for RPRF is normal and perhaps even good news, but marriage certificate request was very surprising as what we uploaded is absolutely the original (and previously accepted by CIC for joint applications without any trouble) and we have no idea why it is not valid.

I was wondering and hoping if any of you guys might have any idea as to how to deal with this and what should be the next step for us?

Thanks!
Best!

EastYorker

May 1, 2018
Nope, I don't think so!
The original certificate is in English and has been successfully submitted previously twice without any requests like this (like I mentioned above). It was also accepted for a tourist visa by US authorities without any trouble. The only couple of things I could think of was that maybe the file got corrupted during the submission process? Or maybe they need more proof of our marriage?

We have decided to write a letter of explanation along with our marriage certificate (which is now attested and stamped by the Indian embassy in Toronto as well) and submit more documents (like my passport copy which bears my husbands name on it) among other things like our joint lease here in Canada and joint bank accounts. But still kind of perplexed and baffled by this whole thing.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Nope, I don't think so!
The original certificate is in English and has been successfully submitted previously twice without any requests like this (like I mentioned above). It was also accepted for a tourist visa by US authorities without any trouble. The only couple of things I could think of was that maybe the file got corrupted during the submission process? Or maybe they need more proof of our marriage?

We have decided to write a letter of explanation along with our marriage certificate (which is now attested and stamped by the Indian embassy in Toronto as well) and submit more documents (like my passport copy which bears my husbands name on it) among other things like our joint lease here in Canada and joint bank accounts. But still kind of perplexed and baffled by this whole thing.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Thanks a ton!

Hi, I know your post is from a few years ago but I'm hoping to get your advice if and how you managed to resolve this as I have the same problem. Thank you.