+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

original Letter of reference letters from Former employers ?

ns.shashi

Mar 10, 2010
Hi,

One of the experience letter requirement says that i should submit "Original Letter of Reference" from former employers. However I cannot submit original letters from former employers as i cant contact them now. And the experience letters which i have now cant be submitted in originals as I need to keep them with me. can i submit a copy of the letters with Notary signatures ?

I can definitely submit originals from my current employer though. Will the embassy contact my current employer by any chance ? i dont want to give my current employer any hint that i am applying for PR to canada.

Please clarify

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
ns.shashi said:
Hi,

One of the experience letter requirement says that i should submit "Original Letter of Reference" from former employers. However I cannot submit original letters from former employers as i cant contact them now. And the experience letters which i have now cant be submitted in originals as I need to keep them with me. can i submit a copy of the letters with Notary signatures ?

I can definitely submit originals from my current employer though. Will the embassy contact my current employer by any chance ? i dont want to give my current employer any hint that i am applying for PR to canada.

Please clarify
hi ns.shashi

If the letter requirement tells you to submit the originals, then you have to submit the originals. If you don't have one, you can always submit an explanation as to why you can't submit one. Your local VO will DEFINITELY contact your current employer to verify the authenticity of your letter.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
i think they will return you your original letters once the process ends .. believe me i had fought a lawsuite to get experience letter from one of my past employers... and i gave that original one !