+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organization of PR file March 2020

jacques92

Jan 12, 2020
Hi guys,

We have completed the forms and have most of the documents. This is how I am going to organize, please comment if you have any tips or tricks!
BIG YELLOW ENVELOPE - four small envelopes

1. envelope 1: OWP application, checklist, documents (copy of passport, marriage cert etc.) + fee reciept
2. envelope 2: barcodes +PR forms + explanations to 7a and 7e (genuine relationship + cohabitation) + checklist + documents (passport copies, marriage cert, employer letter etc) + 20 photos only including wedding pictures, pictures with friends, family, dates, trips etc. + CRA info
explanations: we have in my in-laws house and don't pay rent or bills so we have letters from her parents, copy of their ownership, she is on her parents insurance so we have her work parking pass, insurance copy etc. these proofs are NOT included here, only mentioned (exhibit a, b etc), we have copies of bank statements showing authorization, phone bills etc.
we have an explanation of our relationship including past cohabilitation proof (from landlord), letters from friends not included here but referered to as (exhibit c,d etc)
3. envelope 3: exhibits only (all of the documents referred to in the explanations are contained here marked "exhibit a " "exhibit b" etc.)
4. futher supporting documentation: this includes tickets to dates (basketball games, exhibitions etc), flights on trips together, receipts from gifts bought, card of the officiant, more photos (about 40), e transfers from me to my wife (small amounts

I am including all of this keeping in mind that we did not have a grand indian wedding (my wife is sikh punjabi and I am hindu --jacques is my mother's maternal name sorry for any confusion there) like it would be expected but just a small civil ceremony with mention to have a grand wedding in the future when we can afford to do it, there is proof showing we are in licensing process of our careers etc (both future drs). Only her family attended as my family doesn't live here. I made mention to a small future wedding celebration event-i included the hall's booking reciept and decor reciept for the hall (its in august).

Do you think this is the proper way to organize and have I included too much/too litte?

Thank you,

Ian J.

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
You need to follow the order of the checklist. The checklist goes first and everything else goes as listed in the checklist. The guide details exactly what order forms, barcodes, OWP goes in. Separate envelopes aren’t necessary

k.sha.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys,

We have completed the forms and have most of the documents. This is how I am going to organize, please comment if you have any tips or tricks!

1. envelope 1: OWP application, checklist, documents (copy of passport, marriage cert etc.) + fee reciept
2. envelope 2: barcodes +PR forms + explanations to 7a and 7e (genuine relationship + cohabitation) + checklist + documents (passport copies, marriage cert, employer letter etc) + 20 photos only including wedding pictures, pictures with friends, family, dates, trips etc. + CRA info
explanations: we have in my in-laws house and don't pay rent or bills so we have letters from her parents, copy of their ownership, she is on her parents insurance so we have her work parking pass, insurance copy etc. these proofs are NOT included here, only mentioned (exhibit a, b etc), we have copies of bank statements showing authorization, phone bills etc.
we have an explanation of our relationship including past cohabilitation proof (from landlord), letters from friends not included here but referered to as (exhibit c,d etc)
3. envelope 3: exhibits only (all of the documents referred to in the explanations are contained here marked "exhibit a " "exhibit b" etc.)
4. futher supporting documentation: this includes tickets to dates (basketball games, exhibitions etc), flights on trips together, receipts from gifts bought, card of the officiant, more photos (about 40), e transfers from me to my wife (small amounts

I am including all of this keeping in mind that we did not have a grand indian wedding (my wife is sikh punjabi and I am hindu --jacques is my mother's maternal name sorry for any confusion there) like it would be expected but just a small civil ceremony with mention to have a grand wedding in the future when we can afford to do it, there is proof showing we are in licensing process of our careers etc (both future drs). Only her family attended as my family doesn't live here. I made mention to a small future wedding celebration event-i included the hall's booking reciept and decor reciept for the hall (its in august).

Do you think this is the proper way to organize and have I included too much/too litte?

Thank you,

Ian J.
Hello Ian,

I think I am in the same boat as you are. Me and my wife had a small civil marriage ceremony in the States where my and her family members attended. However, we did not have the "big Indian fat" wedding as is expected and therefore, do not have photographs, etc. to show as proof. We do plan to have our indian wedding later in the year. How did you explain this to CIC? I mean, what exactly did you para phrase your explanation to them? I have some receipts for the hall for the wedding we will have later in the year, should i include that?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi guys,

Thank you,

Ian J.
The order of documents should be as follows:
  1. checklist;
  2. open work permit application (and supporting documents),
  3. barcode pages;
  4. Forms (in the order they are listed on the checklist);
    1. imm1344
    2. Fees
    3. imm 1283 (if applicable)
    4. imm 0008
    5. imm 5406
    6. schedule A
    7. imm 5532
    8. imm 5476 (if applicable)
    9. imm 5475 (if applicable)
  5. Sponsor's supporting Documents (in the order they are listed in the checklist)
  6. PA's Supporting documents (in the order they are listed in the checklist)

jacques92

Jan 12, 2020
Hello Ian,

I think I am in the same boat as you are. Me and my wife had a small civil marriage ceremony in the States where my and her family members attended. However, we did not have the "big Indian fat" wedding as is expected and therefore, do not have photographs, etc. to show as proof. We do plan to have our indian wedding later in the year. How did you explain this to CIC? I mean, what exactly did you para phrase your explanation to them? I have some receipts for the hall for the wedding we will have later in the year, should i include that?
I included pictures from the civil ceremony, we had cake and decorations and I included pictures of us cutting the cake etc. and with family. I simply told the truth that we don't have enough funds for a large wedding but we don't want that to stop us from being husband and wife. We said later when we have the money then we will see about a large wedding ceremony. I included reciepts of a small celebration we are having for friends and closest family (because only wife's family was at wedding) and my parents will be there. It is planned for august (future) so I don't know if it's helpful to them but I included it. (makeup, decor company, venue booking).