+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options for family of a Study Permit holder

vigaviga

Mar 5, 2009
Hello. I’m attending a full-time program in Canada, and want to know how to bring my family to accompany me while studying. Recently, they applied for visas in our country (TRV for spouse, and Study Permit for children), and these were denied alleging the general reason (Reg. 179); even though, they submitted all the required documents and a lot of extra information demonstrating ties (job compromises, permits from schools, properties, and bank statements).

We desire to try again, but this time through Buffalo; so I have some very simple questions about:

1) Which would be the most convenient application for my spouse: Open Work Permit or TRV again?
2) Do they need to be in person in Buffalo to apply, or might I be their representative?
3) Must my spouse be the principal applicant, and my children accompanying members? If so, I suppose it´s convenient to support the application with my letter of enrollment and bank statements.
4) If I wanted to be the principal applicant, must I wait until I need a renewal (Post-graduation Work Permit, for example)?

Thank you a lot.