+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity to go on working while waiting on invitation PR

Karolala

Jul 12, 2019
Hi guys,
I am applying right now for PR but I already know that it will be a long process for me.

I am from Germany and I am here on a Working Holiday Visa which expires August 28th. Because of my points I know already that I won't get an invitation within the next 6 weeks to apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Does anyone know if there is an opportunity how I can stay for at least a couple more months and go on working during this time? Meanwhile I would try to increase my points and hopefully get my invitation soon.
I heard there is an opportunity to apply for an extension of my current visa/work permit. There is no reason why they would accept it but as long as the decision is in progress I can stay and go on working. That's what I heard. But I can't find any information about this.

Does anyone has experience with this and knows if it is an opportunity for me and hopefully also knows how this works?
I am also thankful for any other advice.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi guys,
I am applying right now for PR but I already know that it will be a long process for me.

I am from Germany and I am here on a Working Holiday Visa which expires August 28th. Because of my points I know already that I won't get an invitation within the next 6 weeks to apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Does anyone know if there is an opportunity how I can stay for at least a couple more months and go on working during this time? Meanwhile I would try to increase my points and hopefully get my invitation soon.
I heard there is an opportunity to apply for an extension of my current visa/work permit. There is no reason why they would accept it but as long as the decision is in progress I can stay and go on working. That's what I heard. But I can't find any information about this.

Does anyone has experience with this and knows if it is an opportunity for me and hopefully also knows how this works?
I am also thankful for any other advice.

Thank you.
No. The IEC/WHV is not extendable and working beyond it's expiry date is illegal. Trying to "play the system" by submitting a false extension application may result in no "implied status" at all if the application is returned as "incomplete" because you don't submit the required LMIA etc.