+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPNP Human Capital Priorities Stream vs French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.

legyptiano

Apr 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario, but it does not specify which stream.
The two streams available are Human Capital Priorities Stream and French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
I believe I am eligible for both, Can I just choose which one I want to apply under ?
Is there any one that is better to apply under? faster processing time ?

Thank you for the Help.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Fine, for the benefit of others: when did you get your PT notification from OINP?

French Speaking Stream requires CLB 7 French AND CLB 6 English tests to be presented. There is no minimum CRS requirement.
Human Capital Priorities requires at least a CRS score of 400 and CLB 7 English OR French.

You can choose to apply depending on the documents you have. Only French Stream requires 2 language tests.
There's really no advantage for either. It will take 4+ months for AOR at the current rate.

Just checked from your post history your CRS is 462. You likely got the notification for the French Speaking Stream as only a few on this forum have reported getting invitations from OINP recently.

Camadi54

Aug 10, 2021
Hi pls I have the same questions I received my noi on the 21st of July 2021 but wasn’t told which stream I am to apply to, so I chose HCP stream I needed to know if I am on the right stream? Thanks