+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening an Application for Open Work Permit using CEC Application

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Hi All,

I have just submitted my Application for Permanent Residence under Express Entry Canadian Experience Class online.

I got the confirmation notice and receipt for payment, and would like to begin my online application for an open work permit.

I am a US citizen, living in Canada, with a closed work permit that is set to expire within 4 months.

However, to open the permit application online I need either a personal reference number or click the link below and answer the questions. I do not have my personal reference number for my EE CEC application, or rather it expired since it's been 60 days since I started my EE profile (which is when I got the number). So I filled out the questionnaire. This led me to the screen that says I'm eligible to apply for EE, and then when I hit continue it says there is a system error (or that the systems are down).

Am I missing something as to how I should be starting the work permit application online using my recently submitted PR application?

Thanks all!

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
Refer to BOWP issuance section at the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
TravisK said:
So I filled out the questionnaire. This led me to the screen that says I'm eligible to apply for EE, and then when I hit continue it says there is a system error (or that the systems are down).

Am I missing something as to how I should be starting the work permit application online using my recently submitted PR application?
It probably really was a systems error. Have you tried again?

Also note that this is the kind of error I get when I use a "non-preferred" browser (I usually use Chrome), you might want to try using IE or Firefox...